We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newtown college/school Waterford

Badia Polesine...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Newtown college/school Waterford

My students and I are staying at Newtown School in Waterford Ireland for a fortnight. Does anyboby know how it is? Has anybody got pictures of the dorms and communal areas?

Thanks for your reply

Graziella

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newtown college/school Waterford

Never even heard of it until you brought it up. However it looks amazing online and as it's run by Quakers I can imagine that it will be all as described on the website, and more.

Only downside for the students is that it's about a 1km walk from the school to the city, but of course that will be to your advantage ;-)) Enjoy.

Badia Polesine...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Newtown college/school Waterford

Thank you! If you happen to have any more news just let me know.

Graziella

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newtown college/school Waterford

Newtown is a very well known and respected school in Waterford. There are some photographs on the website. Its a bit of a walk down into town, but when you do get into town you are at the Viking triangle and the various museums etc. You will pass the People's Park where there is a nice (if small) cafe, and a pleasant walking and exercise path. You are on the bus route for Dunmore East, and there are buses in and out of town. With the same reservations about any built up area, it is a safe place to walk, the traffic tends to be pretty congested at peak times as a large number of residential areas feed onto this road.

4. Re: Newtown college/school Waterford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 07:16