We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday homes - any recommendations??

Ireland
Level Contributor
232 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday homes - any recommendations??

Hi all

I am looking to rent a self catering holiday home / cottage in Waterford for a weekend at the end of this month.

There are two of us and we are looking for somewhere preferrably within walking distance to a town or at least relatively close to some pubs and restaurants.

Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks a million

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,664 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday homes - any recommendations??

Dunmore East is a lovely village with some good pubs and restaurants. There is some nice accommodation as well - and its not too far from Waterford City (about 7 miles or so)

http://www.waterford-dunmore.com/

This site has details of self-catering, B&B and hotel accommodation as well as any other information you need about Dunmore.

I used to spend a lot of time there when a child/teen. My mother still goes down there regularly. Beautiful place.

Ireland
Level Contributor
232 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday homes - any recommendations??

Cheers beanallain. I have emailed a couple of the holiday homes listed on that site so hopefully one of them will suit.

Thank you for your help

3. Re: Holiday homes - any recommendations??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 06:27
Get answers to your questions about Waterford