We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newbay Country House Hotel

Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Newbay Country House Hotel

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows anything about this hotel. I cannot seem to find any reviews anywhere on it, and was wondering what it was like to stay there. Thanks, ccmc

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,606 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newbay Country House Hotel

I used to call there when it was a private house which took guests. Back then it was an imposing old mansion with friendly owners which it would have been a lot of fun to stay in for a country house weekend. I have not been back since it was re-styled as a hotel. Therefore, this reply might not be much use to you.

I can tell you that it is on the outskirts of the town, but inside the ring road so not within walking distance of the centre, but in quiet surroundings.

Wicklow Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newbay Country House Hotel

Stayed once at Newbay 6 months ago and booked in for new years eve with 8 friends...so definitely thought it was a nice place. Its very very very olde worlde and 'shabby chic' - creaking floorboards, bit dusty, bathrooms not 5 star modern but its a lovely place if authentic country house is what you're looking for! Bedroom no. 1 which overlooks the gardens at the back of the house is lovely, four-poster bed, nice large room etc etc. The bar is small with a lovely drawing room attached as the 'lounge', nice couches to sink into, roaring open turf fire - lovely to sit peruse the paper, sip glass vino recommended! The restaurant is very nice, we had a lovely top quality meal, great service etc etc. Very enjoyable. Overall recommended but one-nighter is plenty - we travelled from south Dublin for one night and its an easy drive down and back. Perhaps 2nights but you would have to get out and about in the car - couldn't pass the day in Newbay itself I would say (could be wrong!)

Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newbay Country House Hotel

Thanks jofeck for the info. Will bear it in mind as an overnight stop rather than a 2 nighter.

Thanks again,ccmc

4. Re: Newbay Country House Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 08:19
Get answers to your questions about County Wexford