We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?

London, England...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?

I'm getting off at Rosslare Europort on 13th June morning and want to head straight to either Cork or Dublin and make a round trip and end up in Rosslare Europort.

I can't find info/fares/timetables for trains and bus to and from Rosslare Europort. Could anyone kindly advise me the website please and what the fares are like.

The sites I find online don't give timetables or fares for trains, so not helpful at all :(

Hope someone can help :)

16 replies to this topic
Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
8,099 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?

Rosslare to Dublin by train:

irishrail.ie/media/11_DublinRosslareEuroport…

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
8,099 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?

Rosslare to Cork by Bus Eireann, national bus service:

www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1314193832-40.pdf

And, Cork to Dublin by train:

www.irishrail.ie/media/11_DublinCork1.pdf

Edited: 22 April 2012, 19:00
Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?

Note that the Irish rail website does not apparently accept online bookings more than 28 days in advance - but for some reason which I do not understand, also fails to show online fare availability within the next 28 days. However, by way of guidance, the current online fare from Wexford to Dublin varies between €10 and €21 depending on the timing of the service.

Ireland
Level Contributor
589 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?

Some points that might help:

If travelling around Ireland a lot by rail it might be worth considering buying a Trekker ticket. This costs €110 and is valid for four consecutive days' unlimited rail travel (It's not valid in Northern Ireland).Buy from the station ticket office (if buying it or any ticket at Rosslare Europort just buy from the ticket checker onboard the train as there's no longer a ticket office). The Rosslare-Dublin line fare grid is here (it is not currently possible to buy online for a journey starting at Rosslare Europort): www.irishrail.ie/index.jsp…

If travelling from London it is possible to purchase an all-in SailRail ticket from Paddington Station to Rosslare Harbour via Fishguard in advance for £38 single (double that for return). It can be bought in person at the station or online from Stena Line or Arriva Trains Wales. The trains and ships connect very well. Integrated sea-rail timetable here: stenaline.ie/ferry/rail-and-sail/fishguard/

A suggested itinerary may be Rosslare-Dublin-Cork-Waterford-Rosslare:

e.g. depart Rosslare Europort 07.20 arriving into Dublin Connolly at 10.15.

There's an hourly train from Dublin Heuston to Cork and if booked ahead a very good value fare should be possible.

From Cork it is possible to travel to Waterford via Limerick Junction - single fare I think is €24. The line from Limerick Junction to Waterford travels through pleasant countryside with scenic mountainous views in parts.

Timetable here: irishrail.ie/media/11_WaterfordLimerick1.pdf

From Waterford to Rosslare Bus Éireann operate routes 40 and 370 though the 370 which departs at 5.30pm reaching Rosslare ferry terminal at 7.10pm is much cheaper at just €11 single.

Alternatively this itinerary could be done in reverse taking the 6.40am bus to Waterford etc...

There are plenty of places well worth visiting in both Dublin and Cork and the other towns along the way.

Northampton, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?

arriving rosslare 9th October 18 hundred hours believe last train leaves 10 minutes before ferry arrives.how can i get to Dublin.please help

Ireland
Level Contributor
589 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?

Since last weekend there's no longer a through coach service from Rosslare to Dublin (Bus Éireann have shortened it to Wexford-Dublin no longer serving Rosslare) so it would entail catching the route 40 Bus Éireann Waterford coach at 19.00 from outside the ferry terminal to Wexford railway station (arrive 19.25).

Timetable:

www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1349425369-40.pdf

Fare: €4.94 single if bought online at http://www.buseireann.ie

€5.20 if bought from the bus driver

From the bus stop just around the corner to the right at Gillian Hayes (a minute's walk from where the Bus Éireann bus stops at the front of the railway station) catch the 19.30 Wexford Bus service to Dublin. €15 single

Timetable:

wexfordbus.com/timetables/…

Alternatively catch the 19.00 as suggested from the ferry terminal to Wexford railway station and wait there until 20.30 for the next Bus Éireann service. There's a large supermarket (Dunnes Stores) adjacent and O'Brien's Café may still be open too (Both literally just across the road). If you do this a through ticket Rosslare-Dublin can be bought; €18.52 online.

Timetable for Bus Éireann route 2 Wexford to Dublin:

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1348844929-2.pdf

Irish Rail are currently looking for feedback on their proposed 2013 rail timetable. Some improvement was made to connectivity between trains and ferries in September 2011 (e.g. a 16.37 Dublin-Rosslare to connect with the 21.00 Fishguard sailing) but the evening arrival from Fishguard is still a problem.

Consultation here:

www.irishrail.ie/cat_news.jsp…

Hope this helps and that you have a good trip.

Northampton, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?

Many thanks for your help.

Ireland
Level Contributor
589 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?

Tá fáilte romhat (you're welcome in Irish!).

Witham, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?

Hello

I am needing to travel from Rosslare ferry port to Thurles by bus or coach. Where do I find out timetables please?

Thanks

Carolyn

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?

That's going to be a complicated journey, with multiple changes and no obvious best route.

Your best bet is to look at the Transport for Ireland journey planner and see what it comes up with

www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie

Reply to: Bus/train from Rosslare Europort to Cork or Dublin?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted