We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Holiday Home with heated pool

boston, ma
9 posts
Save Topic
Family Holiday Home with heated pool

Need to find a holiday home with a leisure center in Wexford area. Does anyone know of a family friendly one? Traveling in April so realize weather won't be great and I would like the children to swim off energy in the pool. Have family to visit in Dublin.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Wexford
Wexford
County Wexford, Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
15,320 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Holiday Home with heated pool

wow, are you talking a weekly rental cottage?....that is what my understanding of a holiday home is and that's what comes up online but i am not sure you will find any of those with a pool.....

in the wexford area there are lots of them and quite a few of them are close to the ocean but no pools.....

just go onlinre and type in "holiday homes wexford ireland" and you will get quiet a few of them...they do look lovely but of course these homes are rented by the week, not the day......

hope this helps a little.....

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Holiday Home with heated pool

I'd be extremely surprised if you find a family home for rent that has a swimming pool. It would be very unusual for a family home in Ireland to have a swimming pool.

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,421 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Holiday Home with heated pool

Dream ireland have some rentals where you can avail of hotel facilities:

www.dreamireland.com/browse/map.711.html

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
255 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Holiday Home with heated pool

With some great deals in hotels now, perhaps you might consider that sort of accommodation also. Most of them would have pools. I don't know of any holiday homes with pools in Wexford. If you really need to go down that route, then I think the best you could do is book one near a hotel with a pool. Make sure that the hotel will allow you to use their pool first.

Mentioned in this post
Wexford
Wexford
County Wexford, Ireland
boston, ma
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Holiday Home with heated pool

Thank you for your help. It's difficult to find a family friendly hotel with indoor heated pool. Expect the weather to be lousy in April so pool would be great. (gave up the idea of Holiday home since I think that's suited more for summer rentals)

County Clare...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,421 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Holiday Home with heated pool

Here's a few alternatives, and you could check the reviews on here on TA.

http://www.carltonmillracehotel.com/

riversideparkhotel.com/leisure_club/leisure_…

amberspringshotel.ie/leisure-hotels-wexford/…

www.brandonhousehotel.ie/HealthClub.php

http://www.kellys.ie/activities-wexford

http://www.talbotwexford.ie/leisure-centre

County Clare...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,421 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family Holiday Home with heated pool

That Riverside one seems to have the facility off site?

Greystones, Ireland
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family Holiday Home with heated pool

Not sure if this is much help, but there is self catering cottage in kenmare (Kenmare Bay Hotel Cottages) in kerry and they have a fully equipped gym and pool.

Or Inis Beg self catering near Baltimore in West Cork.

Some hotels also now have self catering cottages, especially if they have a golf course, and they might also have a pool.

Also have a look at www.tourismresources.ie - they have some outstanding places.

Mentioned in this post
Kenmare
Kenmare
County Kerry, Ireland
Cork
Cork
County Cork, Ireland
Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
483 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family Holiday Home with heated pool

I'd look at the Ferrycarrig if I were you http://www.ferrycarrighotel.ie/index.aspx they're a 4 star and they have a gym and pool. I can't vouch for the pool but I've been in the gym and it has great views across the Slaney. Nice hotel as well with great food.

Mentioned in this post
Ferrycarrig Hotel
Ferrycarrig Hotel
2,033 Reviews
Ferrycarrig, Ireland
10. Re: Family Holiday Home with heated pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Wexford
Recent Conversations