We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B & B near railway station

Which Wexford hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dorset, England
Level Contributor
116 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
B & B near railway station

Hi there

We will be arriving via ferry about 6pm and taking the train to Dublin the following morning. Can anyone please recommend a local hotel or B & B? And somewhere to eat with decent seafood?

Many thanks.

Ireland
Level Contributor
224 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B & B near railway station

There are plenty of B&Bs and hotels within walking distance of the train station as its quite central. The Riverbank across the bridge (you'll see this when you are going up the quays on the train) is always popular. I believe they also own a few B&Bs (McMenamins) about 100mts away from the train station as well as Whites hotel. Sorry cant help you on the seafood front as I dont eat it but shouldnt be a problem to find somewhere.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: B & B near railway station

Are you looking for accommodation in Rosslare (where the ferryport is) or in Wexford town which is about 15km away (in the direction of Dublin)? Wexford would certainly offer a greater choice of accommodation, as well as places to eat and drink.

Ireland
Level Contributor
224 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B & B near railway station

Sorry, for some reason I read you were travelling to Wexford. I was referring to Wexford and not Rosslare. Its late :)

Ireland
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B & B near railway station

McMenamin's townhouse and b&b is very nice and just around the corner up the hill from the station (right across the road from Wex county council building). For a place to eat seafood, ideally your best place would be somewhere like Carne or Kilmore but since that's too far out, perhaps somewhere like White's hotel or a restaurant near it, The Yard...it does really affordable fish dishes that are delicious.

Dorset, England
Level Contributor
116 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B & B near railway station

Thank you for all your replies and sorry for slow response - I've been moving house. We are looking for accommodation in Rosslare and heading straight for Dublin on the train the next morning. I will follow up on the suggestions.

6. Re: B & B near railway station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2010, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Wexford
Recent Conversations