We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Wexford

Which Wexford hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dublin,Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in Wexford

Thinking of heading to Wexford for 3 nights shortly and was looking for suggestions on things to do and where to stay, thin king of staying in Curracloe but dont know if 3 days would be too long in this town, does anybody know anything about Curracloe in terms of good pubs etc?

Fredericksburg, Va
Destination Expert
for Fredericksburg
Level Contributor
825 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Wexford

Hello. I don't know about Curracloe, but I do know that Kilmore Quay is a very nice place to visit. You could take a boat ride out to the Saltee Islands, and instead of getting off to walk on the island, tell the skipper you want to stay on board and take a boat ride around the back of the island. You will see tons of birds and seals swimming in the water and hanging out on the rocks. Very cool. Hope this helps, and enjoy.

Edited: 08 August 2010, 13:34
Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,161 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Wexford

Curracloe is a small sea-side village, lots of mobile home parks etc. I'd stay in Wexford town ,visit the lovely beach in Curracloe one day, do the Hook pennisula another and Wexford town itself the third day.

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
255 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Wexford

I would stay in either Wexford, New Ross, Gorey, Enniscorthy or Bunclody.

there is lots to do in Wexford if you have a car. For some ideas see links below.

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g186640-Activiti…

bunclody.net/Maps/…20Tour2.htm

dublin,Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in Wexford

Thanks for all your help, seems we wont be bored anyway!

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,161 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days in Wexford

What kind of buget for your stay?The Ferrycarrig Hotel is a bit out from town but we find it excellent. Whites hotel and Talbot hotel are in town, haven't stayed in either.

6. Re: 3 days in Wexford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2011, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Wexford
Recent Conversations