We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodations in Wexford

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
51 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
accommodations in Wexford

My husband and I will be stopping in Wexford for a night on our way from Waterford to Dublin. Does anyone have suggestions for where to stay in the town? We'd prefer to park the car and walk. Would love a B&B but keeping find that most in town do not offer parking. So either hotel or B&B advice would be most welcomed! Thank you!

Ireland
Level Contributor
224 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodations in Wexford

I would imagine that the reason they dont offer car parking is because you can park on the the street or close by. There is plenty on offer on offer wexford and its a lovely small town, have you any place in mind?

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,689 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodations in Wexford

http://www.auburnterrace.com/rooms.php is a good central location. The

hotel in the very centre of town is http://www.whitesofwexford.ie

Waterford to Dublin on the motorway is a handy enough spin,is there a reason you are detouring to Wexford?

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,236 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodations in Wexford

Try the Talbot Hotel have their own car park nice hotel and good food.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
51 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodations in Wexford

Thanks!

@ harveyireland, we are detouring to Wexford because my husband is interested in visiting the Irish Agricultural Museum, Johnstown Castle Estate and the Dunbrody Emigrant Ship. No idea why, but in addition to the Guinness Storehouse and a Rovers game, those are places that he specifically asked be on our itinerary.

@ Keith Ireland, I am completely open to suggestions. So far, the Blue Door has received good reviews in addition to Dooleys B&B. Thoughts?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,367 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: accommodations in Wexford

This one is homely.

www.whitford.ie/

Ireland
Level Contributor
224 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accommodations in Wexford

Whats dates had you in mind and whats your budget? I can have a look for you. Not too sure about Dooleys, Blue Door is just off the main street and you could park on the street or in White's Hotel car park which is just behind it. Johnstown is well worth the visit but do take time to walk around the castle itself and the gardens and lake. Ferrycarrig hotel would be my favourite but its not within walking distance of the town.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,689 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accommodations in Wexford

Wexford is a lovely town, steeped in history.

The Yola farmstead might also be of interest

http://homepage.eircom.net/~yolawexford/attractions.htm

Yola is a now extinct Germanic language once spoken in the area.

The Whitford is nice, but not really town centre.

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
255 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: accommodations in Wexford

HarveyIreland

Has Yola Farmstead re-opened? There is something in my mind that tells me it has been closed for some time now. I will check it out if my post is not confirmed by somebody on these forums.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
51 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: accommodations in Wexford

Thanks all! Any thoughts on Faythe Guesthouse? It has received great reviews in the B&B section.

With everything to do and see in and around Wexford, I am beginning to think we might need 2 nights instead of 1!

Ireland
Level Contributor
224 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: accommodations in Wexford

I have actually stayed there recently and its nice. Its only a few minutes walk to South Main St and has plenty of parking in rear. Most of the main shopping in Wexford is in South Main St and North Main St (One big long street)

Get answers to your questions about Wexford
Recent Conversations