We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding venue help needed

Dublin
3 posts
Save Topic
Wedding venue help needed

Hi,

I would love information from anyone who has been a guest at or held a Wedding at Portlick Castle outside Glasson or Barnabrow Country house in cork. I am trying to decide between the two for my Wedding but need more info to make the right choice.

Thanks.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding venue help needed

Hi April,

try www.weddingsonline.ie for tons on information. Very lively message boards.

Bee

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding venue help needed

Hi April2, I haven't been to a wedding in Portlick but to an 'event' and I've cooked there. It's a beautiful building, set in gorgeous grounds with opportunities for lovely photos by the lake, on the balcony etc. The old dungeon is lovely. It is a small enough castle with only 13 bedrooms from what I remember, so the suitablity size wise will depend on the size of your wedding. I would highly recommend it if the size meets your needs.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
248 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding venue help needed

Hi there April2, I was a guest at a wedding in Barnabrow House last summer.

This venue is amazing. The happy couple decided on a 'theme' rather than the normal champagne reception and sit down 4 course dinner. The self contained element of Barnabrown house made this possible and the space and facilities available to guests was fantastic. Unfortunately accomodation there is limited,( we stayed at Ballymaloe house just next door) but the little cottages on site looked wonderful.

All in all I thought it was a great venue, the food and staff was great and the alternativeness of the whole thing made it a wonderful event.

PS Ballymaloe was a bit disappointing !!