We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Live in Peterborough

Peterborough...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Live in Peterborough

Hi hope you can help me, me and my fiance want to move to the South side of Peterborough and have no idea what are nices areas and which to avoid (all towns have them!) hope someone can help me!

Thanks

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
239 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to Live in Peterborough

i work in the city as an outreach worker, i have to say, i work alone and go to all parts of the city, Bretton is not an area i would be nervous of, i personally think its down to the individual person when they say some areas are to risky to walk around, Westwood is fine,Werrington Peakirk,Glinton,Orton Wistow,Brimbles,Woodston,Eye,Gunthorpe and many more,are all really nice areas, once you get out to far into the fen area it becomes dreary in my opinion.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to Live in Peterborough

Well the crime figures for a couple of years ago would disagree with you about Bretton as would i.

gpp-peterborough.org.uk/webpages/communitysa…

They may be a few years old but nothing has changed.

Glinton and Northborough are nice places.

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
239 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to Live in Peterborough

your talking 2001-2003 how do you know nothing has changed ? there are no statistics to say people are afraid to walk the streets of Bretton, there are plenty of problems and unsociable behaviour going on everywhere esp in whittlesey at present, mostly due to the yob culture of BRITISH youths

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Where to Live in Peterborough

Because i spend every day there!

Agree about the youth culture though. No manners or respect for anything anymore.

Blimey i sound old!

Peterborough
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Where to Live in Peterborough

I have lived in Peterborough for over 20 years, there are very few areas I would consider living in. The best area without any doubt is Longthorpe. There are other areas and pockets but none as extensively nice as Longthorpe. Netherton (which borders Longthorpe) is perhaps the next best - another large decent area, however the nationality of the residents is changing which is not to everyones liking.

Botolph Green is ok. To the East of Thorpe Road is good and to the West is also very good until you reach the hospital. Westwood Park Road is good. The only nice Orton's are: Longueville, Waterville and Wistow - even then some parts of these are not nice. Goldhay the worst, Paston and Welland are terrible, Westwood and Ravensthorpe no better. North Bretton is generally worse than South Bretton (there are some nice streets in extreme South Bretton). Sugar way seems ok - don't really know it that well, ditto Hampton area BUT parking is a real pain and so are the smelly drains from subsidence.

Castor is the best village outside of Peterborough - beware floods though.

16. Re: Where to Live in Peterborough

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 08:18