We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Post-registry office wedding lunch options

Which Harrogate hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Post-registry office wedding lunch options

Hi folks, we're getting married on a Friday afternoon in November at the Harrogate registry office. We want to go to lunch afterwards somewhere in Harrogate with about 12 people - some guests don't drive and will be arriving by train so it needs to be somewhere in town.

Because we're expecting a baby and that's so £££ everyone offered to pay for their own meals, and we're trying to keep it below £15 a head for lunch. Some other guests don't have very adventurous palates (family, eh?) so unfortunately that takes out much beyond Italian or a nice pub lunch.

Lastly, I'd like to find a place where I wouldn't feel out of place in my (very simple) wedding dress and the blokes will be OK in suits, so maybe some place that has a separate room we can all be in.

So, you know, not too picky! I'd be very happy at an old country pub with a steak and ale pie and I'm sure the guests would like that as well, but I don't know if there's anywhere like that where we can go after the ceremony dressed in our 'finest'. I don't know Harrogate too well so I definitely need your help! Many many thanks.

Bristol
Level Contributor
9 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Post-registry office wedding lunch options

Hello one of the places you might try is the Swan on the Stray which is only a short walk from the registry office. It is is 17 Devonshire Place Hg1 4AA (so you can take a look on google maps) and it has a good web site and I have put on a link to the page with all the menu's on so you can see if the relatives can cope. Its fully refusbished less than 6 months ago and is a sort of smart casual dress. markettowntaverns.co.uk/…

might be worth ringing and booking if you are all going as a group. I'll have a think if there is anywhere else within handy walking distance.

Leeds, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Post-registry office wedding lunch options

That's so weird, I found that place about half an hour ago! Hmmm, maybe a sign. I have a Market Town Tavern pub in the town where I live and we love it, I didn't know they had places in Harrogate. Thanks!

North Yorks
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Post-registry office wedding lunch options

May I suggest Bistro Pierre - see www.lebistrotpierre.co.uk/locations/harrogate

This is a lovely restaurant, part of a small chain, with very high quality food. The food is tasty French rather than fancy French, with something to suit everyone. It's not too smart and not too casual either, and is big enough for them to tuck you away in your own corner. Additionally its about 5 minutes walk from the Station. All the best for the day.

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,563 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Post-registry office wedding lunch options

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding.

It's a bit of a walk from the registry office but Mirabelle restaurant sounds perfect for you. They currently do a 3 course lunch for £15.95 (we went last week) and it was gorgeous. The owner was really friendly and welcoming and clearly passionate about his restaurant. I am sure if he knew it was your special day he'd be happy to talk about what you might want. It's only a small place (he was busy turning away evening bookings as he was full several times over)

www.mirabellerestaurant.co.uk/

It's French food but definitely not fancy - my main course was steak with onion rings, and for dessert I had a fab brownie that oozed choc sauce. All beautifully presented too. Have a look at the reviews on here as well.

Edited: 05 October 2011, 21:22
Leeds, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Post-registry office wedding lunch options

Mmm, steak AND brownies? Now that's my kind of meal! (did I mention I'm also pregnant? ;) Thanks for that, these are exactly the kind of recommendations I was hoping for! Will look into Mirabelle tomorrow.

Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Post-registry office wedding lunch options

Congrats on baby and wedding!!!

Have you looked at the bar and grille? They have a private dining room which I have always wanted to eat in! Or William and vics on cold bath road, think you can also have your own area. These places a little more expensive but might do good lunch deals.

Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Post-registry office wedding lunch options

Congrats on baby and wedding!!!

Have you looked at the bar and grille? They have a private dining room which I have always wanted to eat in! Or William and vics on cold bath road, think you can also have your own area. These places a little more expensive but might do good lunch deals.you should also look at luigis on valley drive. Brilliant atmosphere cheap an very cheerful!!!

8. Re: Post-registry office wedding lunch options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Harrogate