We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in Harrogate when kids are off school ?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping in Harrogate when kids are off school ?

I am thinking of planning a day trip to Harrogate nexrt week (on my own) but I know that the schools are closed for easter.

I am just wondering what the town centre is like when the kids are off school ? Is it a nightmare and extremely busy or because they are off do people not generally bring them into Harrogate shopping?

I wouldnt dream of going shopping with my little one (hes only 2)so any advice would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,640 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in Harrogate when kids are off school ?

Harrogate centre can be overly busy on a Saturday, but I think you will be ok during the week even though it's Easter. It will be busier though, especially if the weather stays as good as it is at the moment.

I'd come as early as possible and avoid Primark which is always busy whever I go in it (and you've got one in Leeds anyway!).

My only question is, having lived in Harrogate for a long while (and I work in Leeds) I'm not really sure what Harrogate can offer you in the way of shops that Leeds doesn't have apart from some rather exclusive dress shops and a Cath Kidson!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in Harrogate when kids are off school ?

thanks morgana. I dont know why but i just like Harrogate. There are some unusual shops dotted about and i like the fact that the pace seems abit slower than in bustling leeds. Just fancy a change really.

It would be a wednesday i would be visiting and I dont tend to bother with primark anyway.

thanks very much for your reply.

3. Re: Shopping in Harrogate when kids are off school ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2013, 10:28
Get answers to your questions about Harrogate