We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in centre of harrogate

Which Harrogate hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Huddersfield...
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotel in centre of harrogate

Its my (pregnant) girlfriends birthday in July and have booked a night with spa treatments on the Sunday night/Monday morning at rudding park. Looking for a 'hidden gem' of a hotel in centre of Harrogate for the Saturday night so we can do a bit of shopping before heading over there the next day. Any suggestions?

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in centre of harrogate

Not sure about a hidden gem but the Hotel du Vin in Harrogate is very good and it's very central (and just across the road and up from Bettys if you fancy afternoon tea).

The Hotel overlooks The Stray (the huge green area that surrounds the town centre and gives Harrogate its open feel).

hotelduvin.com/hotels/…

http://www.bettys.co.uk/bettys_harrogate.aspx

Huddersfield...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in centre of harrogate

Thanks for the reply. I saw the Hotel du Vin and was one of the favourites but just wanted to check if there were any more out there. It looks like i will book that.

Thanks again.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
292 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in centre of harrogate

The White Swan is handy and I'm sure you can get a £99 deal of dinner B&B and afternoon tea with classic lodges. It's a couple mins walk from the centre and I found it to be adequate.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
292 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in centre of harrogate

Or, the harrogate arms near the harlow carr gardens is also nice, which is about £75 B7B, but is a couple mins drive.

Stockport England
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in centre of harrogate

If you're still looking, try the studley, and orchid restaurant.

I'd give the White swan a miss as I too found it only adequate and the restaurant was less than that.

Edited: 05 July 2012, 18:41
Pickering England
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in centre of harrogate

The Bijou has a 5 Star Guest Accommodation rating

Bristol
Level Contributor
9 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in centre of harrogate

You might try www.accommodationharrogate.co.uk - lots of places to stay there or which has just opened is http://www.number27harrogate.co.uk/ one of their rooms even has its own sauna!

8. Re: Hotel in centre of harrogate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 09:16
Get answers to your questions about Harrogate