We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hen weekend in Gloucester

Which Gloucester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hen weekend in Gloucester

I am organising a hen weekend in Gloucester in June and have booked an amazing house but I'm struggling to find a good club for Saturday night. Could anyone recommend a good value restaurant for 14 females (25-30 years old) with a good club to goto after close by?

Any tips/advise would be really appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Sophie

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
338 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hen weekend in Gloucester

Gloucester isn't really great for decent restaurants ( I think the best, or only, options are Prezzo and Pizza Express!) but Cheltenham is only a few miles away and has lots of nice restaurants and plenty of clubbing options. A taxi or two between all of you wouldn't be very pricy and would certainly make for a better night out. I like Brasserie Blanc in Cheltenham for dinner and I have heard good things about Armangac (French food) but haven't eaten there myself. Lumiere and Vanilla also have good reputations for great food. I'm sure lots of other people will have suggestions for different places and hopefully some clubbing options as I'm afraid I'm not too clued up on that side of things!

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hen weekend in Gloucester

I agree with Chino1, Gloucester is "restricted", and Cheltenham would have been better. However "Easy to be wise...."

Try Cafe Renee, have had good reports (Southgate street). That'll put you "bang in the centre"

I'm a bit long in the tooth for nightclubs, though google pulls up 76 hits, mostly questionable whether they are night clubs, or even close in location

You might be forced to "pub/nightclub crawl", hAhA LOL!!!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
338 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hen weekend in Gloucester

Cafe Rene is ok but for what they charge I think you can get better quality for similar prices in Cheltenham.

Whatever you do, DON'T go to Bearlands in Gloucester! It represents itself as the place to eat but the food and service has left a lot to be desired on several occasions.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,897 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hen weekend in Gloucester

Sophie,

You say you have booked an amazing house. Which part of Gloucester is it in? Don't be to specific as what you don't want is the address to be identifiable to anybody considering an uninvited visit!

The location could help in directing you to restaurants, clubs etc

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
82 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hen weekend in Gloucester

Hi Sophie

Depending on where your house is , the Quays development in Gloucester Docks has a Pizza Express , Nandos and the Vinings (Vinings is an Indian/Thai buffet restaurant in a nice setting - think its about £12.99 per person (you'd need to book) - it about 10mins walk from the centre #

There are plenty of bars to keep 14 hens occupied , clubs wise probably say liquid (although it can get really busy - they do have a guest list for hen/Stagg parties etc which is worth getting on because the queue can be huge !)

Hope that helps have a fab Hen do x

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hen weekend in Gloucester

thinking on previous writer and his comments, i know that at the virgin cinema, was a , was it chinese of budget value and help yourself to as much as you want. I've been there twice, and thinking, a follow-up taxi into town.

That might be right up your street...

7. Re: Hen weekend in Gloucester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2010, 05:15