We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B near Ilkeston

west autralia
9 posts
Save Topic
B&B near Ilkeston

Anyone know of a good (or in fact any) B&B in or close to Ilkeston? We would like to stop there for a couple of days during our trip next April. Having trouble finding any on the internet. Any help would be great.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B near Ilkeston

There is not a great deal to be found in the area. Your best bet may be if there is a budget hotel at M1 Trowell services, it looks as though there is a Travellodge.

The nearest Hotel I know of is Morley Hayes but it looks high priced. Alternatively you are not far from the West fringe of Nottingham which is where I would recommend looking. www.smoothhound.co.uk lists the Nuthall Lodge or Orchard Cottage, Trowell for example.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B near Ilkeston

There is one in Ilkeston called The Red House, friends of mine have stayed there in the past. Morley Hayes is only 4 miles from Ilkeston and thats lovely, also Horsley Lodge is nice which is close to Morley Hayes

west autralia
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B near Ilkeston

Thankyou for your help. Have taken note of your suggestions - have had no luck finding places on diferent sites but will check out your suggestions. It is great to have access to these kinds of forums as it really does help.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B near Ilkeston

Dear Longawaitedhols

As you probably found out, there isn't a lot of accommodation in Ilkeston, a lovely B&B nearby in a village called Risley is the Braeside Guest House, only a few miles from Ilkeston.

Derby city isn't far away and there are quite a few good B&B's close to the city centre or in the city centre if you prefer. Check out the Tourist Info site visitderby.co.uk

west autralia
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B near Ilkeston

Yes I am finding that there isn't a lot of B&Bs in Ilkeston. Will check out both of your suggestions. Thanks ever so much for your help. Have a penfriend who lives in Ilkeston which is why we were looking at staying there (she doesn't know we are coming which is why we haven't asked her).

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
469 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: B&B near Ilkeston

Ilkeston is an ok town - but not a common overnight tourist destination in Derbyshire. I would not particularly recommend an overnight stay in the town itself. (I was in Ilkeston this afternoon - and visit regularly with my work)

Risley is a very pleasant village - but a little way from Ilkeston

The vilage of Ockbrook is also pleasant and within driving distance of Ilkeston.

The Morley Hayes is a very nice hotel with a very large golf course.

The Rose and Crown is a pleasant pub in the village of Morley. I am pretty sure that it does accommodation.

West Hallam, Stanley and Mapperley are also pleasant villages (and a little nearer to Ilkeston).

do you have transport arranged?

you might like to try the derbyshire county council website for info.

england
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: B&B near Ilkeston

http://www.santoshighamfarm.co.uk/

try this

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
469 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: B&B near Ilkeston

Santos is in Higham. This village is at least 40 minutes away from Ilkeston

Any B&B in the City of Derby is nearer - ditto most on the East of the City of Nottingham.

england
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: B&B near Ilkeston

Thanks for sorting me out Chris. I got mixed up between Alfreton and Ilkeston. Apologies - you're dead right

west autralia
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: B&B near Ilkeston

Thanks again for all your suggestions. With your help we are finding places that we hadn't come across before.

Get answers to your questions about Derby
Recent Conversations