We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local knowledge needed please!!!!!!

London
Level Contributor
228 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Local knowledge needed please!!!!!!

We will have a whole day and night to kill on our stopover at Gatwick next month. Just wondered which hotel we could stay in, within easy reach of a decent shopping centre? Preferably not too far from Gatwick South as we fly early the next day. Many thanks in advance!

Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,473 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local knowledge needed please!!!!!!

The Arora is newish and right next to the station - which itself is right next to County Mall, a good shopping centre.

I've never stayed there but it gets great reviews on TA : tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187051-d2450…

Needless to say, I'd suggest jumping on a bus (the bus station is nearby too) and getting out into the beautiful Sussex Countryside to somewhere like Nymans Gardens - but if you want retail therapy then that's your best bet I'd say.

Mike

London
Level Contributor
228 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local knowledge needed please!!!!!!

Thank you for replying, that hotel looks great, just what we're after!

west sussex
Level Contributor
41 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local knowledge needed please!!!!!!

and the Arora has a top notch Italian chef, if you like Italian food (like me).

Crawley is a large shopping centre, everything you could need.

4. Re: Local knowledge needed please!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 12:18