We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick to Crawley

Which Crawley hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fullerton
Level Contributor
546 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Gatwick to Crawley

What is the best way to get to the town of Crawley from the Gatwick Airport? Friends recommended the Hillside Inn and we would like to try it.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,235 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick to Crawley

Local bus from Gatwick airport www.metrobus.co.uk/travel-info/area-maps

The bus driver will help with the nearest bus stop for you.

Trains Crawley to London and Gatwick www.southernrailway.co.uk

Edited: 19 April 2012, 06:08
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,461 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick to Crawley

It isn't in Crawley itself, nearest station is 3 Bridges but it's a mile from the station.

The public transport options don't look too good and take about 3 times as long as a taxi would

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick to Crawley

I'd say it's at least two miles from 3Bridges Station, but there's always taxis waiting there, if you don't want to walk it. Otherwise the quickest and easiest way would be just to get a taxi from the airport .

If you don't want to bother with taxis, you could get a train from the airport to Horley (1 stop) which has a good selection of Chinese/Indian restaurants plus Ye Olde Six Bells pub which is about a 20 min walk from the train station, and does very good food.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick to Crawley

Not sure where you got your info from Alanrow, but as somebody who lived in Crawley for 32 years up until 2 months ago, I can confirm that the Hillside Inn is in Crawley (albeit not in the 'town' - if this was what you was getting at).

The nearest station is Three Bridges (next stop from Gatwick Airport station) and then you can get a taxi from there for a 5 minute ride (walk will take 25 mins approx).

The Hillside is very good (in fact I have posted my own review). If going on Friday or Saturday you should book though,

5. Re: Gatwick to Crawley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 01:18