We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My second trip to Crawley

Which Crawley hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
62 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
My second trip to Crawley

Hi

This will be my 2nd trip to Crawley, staying at Arora with my spouse who will be at training/business meetings.

The last time around, I just visited the nearby mall, took the train to meet relative in Wembley area.

This time around, I would like to visit the Crawley musuem, second hand book shops, walk in nearby Park, check out any clothes sale. This, I will do on my own or with another person whose spouse is attending the same training.

And with my spouse, we hope to see a comedy show, prefer non expensive shows. Or any suggestions after 6pm which we can do with dinner included?

We will be there 15th Sept -20th, then heading to London central for other sight seeing, which I may post on the London forum.

I also checked out if there's any community sale in Crawley during those dates but didn't find any.

We are staying at Arora for only two reasons. It's nearer to my spouse meetings & the hassle free transportation. Food wise, I have yet to check out other cheaper outlets, for hotel food & service was horrible ( the last time we stayed there).

Appreciate your inputs..

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My second trip to Crawley

And with my spouse, we hope to see a comedy show, prefer non expensive shows. Or any suggestions after 6pm which we can do with dinner included?

=====

Check whats on in Brighton. http://www.visitbrighton.com/culture/theatre You can train or drive there.

However, expecting to get dinner and a show packaged together is fairly unusual, I'd do them separately or you will be really restricting yourself, possibly to nothing.

I also think you'll find Brighton a lot nicer to look round than Crawley.

Edited: 08 September 2013, 16:56
South of England
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My second trip to Crawley

I'd agree with joeintheuk. Take the train down to Brighton. You may enjoy looking around the Lanes and smaller shops.

Another trip would be to Horsham. It's 4 stops/18 minutes on the train from Crawley (the Arora has platform access to the station) or take the bus.

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,284 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My second trip to Crawley

County Mall is a very good shopping centre and the Arora is a good hotel. Crawley is by no means as bad as it's made out - but other than an excellent curry house, I think you've done most of the good stuff.

The museum is Horsham is good. Other than that I'd head to Amberley on the train if you're a walker and Arundel if you like poking around shops. Brighton requires a change of trains at Three Bridges.

Arundel would be my choice.

Mike

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
62 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My second trip to Crawley

Great information...thanks..

I am checking out the site given by joeintheuk, came across the `Brighton Greets' walking tour for free. There is also a PDF itinerary where I can explore on my own. Choices...choices

http://www.komedia.co.uk/brighton/ for the comedy. We may do one of the weekday shows16-19th Sept.

What about Nymans? There's a secondhand book shop there . And I also saw one in Arundel, Kims Books shop.

Once again Thank you all..

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,284 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My second trip to Crawley

Nymans is a great garden, but don't expect to find books on anything else. It is definitely worth a visit just for the garden though. Bus from Crawley.

Arundel - likewise Lewes - are great places, with lots of shops selling books and antiques. Hence the recommendation !!!

Mile

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
62 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My second trip to Crawley

Thanks again Mike... heading to the airport ..

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My second trip to Crawley

Two parks fairly near the hote.Goffs park,follow the road running along the railway west bound and this park is just by the 2nd rail crossing.The other Is Tilgate park which is much bigger with lakes,nature centre and a smith and western restaurant,this park is sign posted on the main road outside your hote.Approx 30 mins walk.

You may wish to check out the Hawth website for shows ,but what's on when you arrive I'm not sure.There are plenty of charity shops in the town if you are looking for books.

As others have said the hotel is on the main line London-south coast and tickets are not that expensive if you avoid peak periods.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
62 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My second trip to Crawley

Brighton is indeed a beautiful place. Was in and about bookshops and the many shops in the Lanes. Went to the Art Museum but the Buddhist Centre was closed.

Yesterday, Went to Westfield Shopping Centre near Stratford. I would love to go to parks but the weather has been wet. So, hopefully I may go before I leave Crawley on Saturday.

Is the a decent Laundry shop near Arora? I don't intend to use the Hotel Facility as its expensive.

Thanks

9. Re: My second trip to Crawley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 05:18