We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick Airport to Horley

Which Crawley hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
British Isles
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Gatwick Airport to Horley

Is it possible/ practical to walk from North Terminal to Horley on foot ?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,838 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick Airport to Horley

I would suspect not. Get a train or catch the no. 100 bus from outside the Terminal - every 20 minutes (hourly late evenings), fare £2.00.

www.metrobus.co.uk/travel-info

Edited: 18 October 2012, 14:25
UK
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick Airport to Horley

There are no footpaths so you'd be walking alongside some busy roads. You'll need to be agile and have your wits about you. My husband nearly hit someone recently who stepped off from a diminishing verge to walk in the road late one evening.. Take a bus or taxi.

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick Airport to Horley

There is also a train station at both Horly and Gatwick if the timings work better for you. Journey time would be 2 minutes only.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
750 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick Airport to Horley

I found this on Gatwick's website: NCR 21 is part of the UK’s National Cycle Network. It runs from Greenwich in London, through Horley and Crawley (where it meets NCR 20), to Groombridge, Eastbourne and Pevensey. You could follow the cycle lane, this might be safer than using normal roads. More info is here: gatwickairport.com/parking-transport/…

5. Re: Gatwick Airport to Horley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2013, 10:15