We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has 'hotel hoppa' bus to Travelodge Gatwick Central stopped?

London, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Has 'hotel hoppa' bus to Travelodge Gatwick Central stopped?

On the Travelodge Gatwick Central website it states that the 'Hotel By Bus' service that stops at their hotel runs every half hour & is operated by a company called TGM group. I checked TGM Group's website today for further information and it states:

"Hotel by Bus at Gatwick

Hotel by Bus at Gatwick Airport ceases operation to Gatwick local hotels, but you can still travel to London from 9th June 2013."

The Hotel By Bus Gatwick website which I assume is also operated by them states "We can take you direct to and from London from Gatwick Airport, but for local hotel trips please contact the hotel of your choice."

Travelodge take up to 7 days to reply to emails and as I am travelling tomorrow could anyone tell me if their is a replacement service or do I need to get a taxi? Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has 'hotel hoppa' bus to Travelodge Gatwick Central stopped?

I found a phone number for Travelodge Gatwick Central and rang them.

They told me there is a new hotel hoppa type service, it operates from both North & South terminals and operates 24 hours, with frequencies of every 15-20 mins depending upon the time of day. The bus numbers to get are G1, G3 & G7 (it seems they all go to the hotel), & it costs £3 each way.

I hope this helps anyone else who has the same question.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
847 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has 'hotel hoppa' bus to Travelodge Gatwick Central stopped?

Great thankyou I was just in the process of trying to find the very same information , where at the south terminal do I get the bus?

3. Re: Has 'hotel hoppa' bus to Travelodge Gatwick Central stopped?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 07:19