We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from Europa Hotel to Frogshole Farm

Which Crawley hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
329 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Walking from Europa Hotel to Frogshole Farm

I'm looking at a park/stay/fly at the Europa in October. Never keen on in-hotel dining, I searched for local watering holes and found the Frogshole Farm which according to good old Google maps is about 3/4 mile walk along the main roads. My first question is: is this worth visiting for a good pint and good food? second question: is there a more direct walking route maybe through the nearby housing estates? thirdly, do you have any other recommendations for dining on a Friday night which are within walking distance of the Europa? thankyou.

London
Level Contributor
117 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from Europa Hotel to Frogshole Farm

Stayed at the Europa years ago and you are right to avoid eating there

We walked to village pub but new housing estate had been built since Google maps had been created so got a bit lost. It is a walk along a main road, mostly on grass verge as no footpath but it is do-able, about 20mins walk. Food was nice, not a pint drinker so can't comment on the ales ;-)

If parking at Europa leave plenty of time to find a space, was complete free for all and people were queuing waiting for buses to bring people back from Gatwick.

I wouldn't choose to stay there again, wondered what the car was going to be like when we got back the whole holiday. There's a review for it on my list.

Good luck.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from Europa Hotel to Frogshole Farm

Yes you can cut through the housing estate to get to the Frogshole Farm. There is a footpath just past the bus stop on Lucerne Drive. There is also a new pub nearer the Europa on the otherside of the roundabout called the Coaching Halt but not eaten in there myself so can't recommend. The only other I can think of within walking distance (20mins) is the Hillside Inn on the Balcombe Road, although gets very busy at the weekend but food is good.

3. Re: Walking from Europa Hotel to Frogshole Farm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 05:15