We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel with 3 small children, sofitel or hilton?

Which Crawley hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, England...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel with 3 small children, sofitel or hilton?

I currently have the night before an early flight booked with both hotels! Plus parking. Here's my dilemma:

We fly out from South Terminal early morning, and fly back in to North Terminal at lunchtime 10 days later (thanks Thomson). If we choose the Hilton we can just walk from the hotel into the airport at 5.30am. However the parking looks complicated, something about Red Short Stay car park and only paying 7 days parking with the hotel package, have to pay the rest on our return??

Sofitel - parking simpler, all in the package and can leave the car at the hotel. But we'd need to get from North Terminal to South Terminal at 5.30am with 3 tired grumpy children. I cant find any info on the shuttle service, whether its hassle / free / frequent etc.

Any thoughts / experience on which would be the best bet?

Sunny Sussex
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel with 3 small children, sofitel or hilton?

Gatwick doesn't make it easy to find information on their site but there's a monorail that runs between the terminals - only takes two minutes and operates 24/7. You'll find a map here: gatwickairport.com/at-the-airport/…

I'm not sure how far you've got with your booking but an option would be to incorporate meet and greet parking instead of on-airport parking. That way you could get the company to pick your car up from the hotel or South Terminal and return it to you at the North when you arrive back.

Both hotels have meet and greet parking companies that they use which should work out cheaper than booking individually.

Oxford, England...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel with 3 small children, sofitel or hilton?

Hi,

I have booked directly with both hotels, their stay and fly packages. I dont know why the hilton has sent two separate emails, one was an auto reply from the hotel confirming the nights accommodation and the other came from a specific person at the hotel about the "park and fly" package. It says drop the car off at Level 2 of the Red Short Stay and it will be valet parked for you.

The Sofitel confirmation doesnt mention about valet parking at all, on the phone she said we just park at the hotel and its 2 mins walk from the airport.

Havent paid for either hotel but I need to cancel one of the bookings so I dont get charged.

As you can probably tell we havent done this before. Wouldnt worry me if we didnt have 3 very small children with us.

Thanks

3. Re: Which hotel with 3 small children, sofitel or hilton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 07:16