We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or Bed and Breakfast near Gatley Road/Cheadle

Kentucky
Level Contributor
73 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel or Bed and Breakfast near Gatley Road/Cheadle

My friend and I are going to Manchester for her business trip at the end of September. She'll have a car to get the office off Gatley Road in Cheadle I'd like to find a nice hotel that is close to where she needs to go but also close enough for me to take a train to the city center for day trips.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Some of the reviews I'm reading are a bit interesting. I'd like to be able to take a bus or walk to the train. I would also like for her to have a decent drive to her business site.

Thanks!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel or Bed and Breakfast near Gatley Road/Cheadle

Any of the airport hotels will be an easy drive for your friend and there's a regular train service into Manchester from there for you.

But away from the airport, I'd advise either the Hallmark Hotel (used to be the Belfry) or the Pinewood Hotel. Buses along Wilmslow Road will take you into Manchester.

Have fun.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
73 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel or Bed and Breakfast near Gatley Road/Cheadle

Thank you for the suggestions. Could you estimate how long it takes the buses to get to Manchester? Is there anything in the general area of the Hallmark regarding shopping and eating establishments?

I am afraid we'll miss some of the ambiance of the area by staying in an airport hotel but we really need some of the amenities of a business hotel. Also, my friend is a light sleeper and I fear being in the flight path.

Thanks so much for giving me some ideas. I appreciate your time!

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel or Bed and Breakfast near Gatley Road/Cheadle

Hi,

Have a look at The Chancellors Hotel; it's part of Manchester University, only three miles from the city centre, has plenty of free parking, free WiFi in all public areas and as it stands in it's own grounds it shouldn't be noisy.

The hotel is a short walk from Wilmslow Road where you can catch any number of buses for the 15 minute journey into Manchester City Centre, An all day bus ticket would cost £3.50.

Your friend would be travelling away from the city centre in the morning and towards the city centre in the evening, so they should have no trouble with traffic on their travels to Gatley Road.

http://www.chancellorshotel.co.uk/hotel

Good luck!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel or Bed and Breakfast near Gatley Road/Cheadle

Both hotels that I recommend have all the amenities you'll need for a business stay. I used to work nearby and theyare where our visitors stayed.

Buses into Manchester will take about 45 minutes.

Not much in walking distance - the area is mainly residential and offices. There's a small (rather tatty) retail park with some big box stores in walking distance otherwise you'll need to drive. Wilmslow is in the opposite direction to Manchester and is about 10 minutes away by car or 20 minutes by bus. Lots of nice restaurants and stores there if you don't fancy the trip into Manchester.

5. Re: Hotel or Bed and Breakfast near Gatley Road/Cheadle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2011, 06:24