We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day in the airport

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Day in the airport

My girlfriend and I arrive in Manchester Airport at 7:50am and our onward flight from the airport is at 3pm. I don't know Greater Manchester well at all and was wondering if there is something in the vicinity of the airport (i.e. shops etc...) where we could kill five hours.

I look at trying to get to the Trafford Centre, but it is on hours bus journey either way.

Any help would be much appreciated!

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,810 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Day in the airport

Hi,

I would suggest that you catch a train for the 20 minute journey to the city centre. Once you arrive at Manchester Piccadilly Station, you could use one of the free Metroshuttle buses as a tour bus to take you around the city centre.

The #1 (orange) would be best, it departs from the front of Piccadilly Station, there is a bus every 5 minutes and you can jump on and off at will. The city centre is quite compact so you are never more than 5 minutes from one of The Metroshuttle bus stops.

tfgm.com/upload/library/Metroshuttle_Pocket_…

Good luck!

2. Re: Day in the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 14:17