We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best accommodation 3adults 1child for shopping and Man U

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
305 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
best accommodation 3adults 1child for shopping and Man U

Hi

I'm hoping to travel on April for two nights, the girls want high street shops/shopping centre and the boys want to do the Man United tour+Man United match vs hull on the 12th April but cannot get tickets as I'm not an official member, would it be safe to buy the tickets on the day?

Hence where is the best place to stay? Budget won't be massive as flights from Ireland are expensive

Thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6,031 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best accommodation 3adults 1child for shopping and Man U

Cherrygem - are you aware that the match is still "subject to change" according to the club's own website? It may not even be on the Saturday. I can't comment on getting tickets, but there are plenty of threads on the Manchester forum on this topic:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g187069-i236-Man…

My understanding is that accommodation is subject to high demand for dates of matches, big concerts etc and there's likely to be limited availabilty and thus few bargains around. The budget chains eg Travelodge, Premier Inn, Ibis Budget have places in/near the city centre and Salford Quays, both convenient for Old Trafford.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,866 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best accommodation 3adults 1child for shopping and Man U

"Would it be safe to buy the tickets on the day?" - a definite no.

You should do the tour the day before the match, or day afterwards; not on the match day itself. The match date is still TBC.

Tickets for that match are already on sale to members and availability is already limited in many areas of the stadium. If you want to take a risk on the date, then quickly phone up Man Utd Ticket & Membership services - tell them you want to buy both memberships and tickets (all at the same time). You will need to buy one membership for each ticket.

If you wish to play safe until the date is confirmed then watch the ManU website and do the phoning & buying immediately the date is finalised but fewer tickets will be available then.

3. Re: best accommodation 3adults 1child for shopping and Man U

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2015, 06:20