We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Really Good Place To Eat In Bolton Town Centre?

Which Bolton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
A Really Good Place To Eat In Bolton Town Centre?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2017, 17:30
Edited: 24 April 2017, 17:30
Bolton , England
Level Contributor
302 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Really Good Place To Eat In Bolton Town Centre?

Bolton Market is just undergoing a multimillion pound refit so a lot of the stalls are currently In temporary accommodation. When complete I think the idea is for nice places to eat as at markets in France!

In the town Centre i would recommend Ciao Napoli on Mawdsley Street (just round the corner from where HMV was or through the Arndale).It's a nice little Italian that has too just been re-fit. Been there a long time and i ate there recently - good service, good food and good offers at lunch

Or perhaps downstairs in Beales (was Whittakers). The majority of "decent" restaurants are all out of the town centre.

2. Re: A Really Good Place To Eat In Bolton Town Centre?

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

3. Re: A Really Good Place To Eat In Bolton Town Centre?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Really Good Place To Eat In Bolton Town Centre?

Savannah, what did you eat in Bolton? Was it good? I am thinking to go to Bolton soon, and would love to have some nice lunch. Last year I had lunch at Bamboo, a Chinese cafe. Food was very nice, not like take away type, properly cooked food with very reasonable price. But I want to try something different.

Please share your experience. Thank you.

Btw, have you tried a new tearoom in Stockport, called The Little Underbank? I have not tried, would love to go there.

5. Re: A Really Good Place To Eat In Bolton Town Centre?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A Really Good Place To Eat In Bolton Town Centre?

Thank you for your kind reply, Savannah.

I managed to go to The Little Underbank. A nice tearoom with nice staff. I had pistachio cake and Yerba Mate Tea. I would not say excellent but quite enjoyable. I prefer Ash Tearooms on Manchester Road, Heaton Chapel. They have more selection on cakes and love to see nice things there as well.

Enjoy your weekend, and enjoy the afternoon tea with your Mum :)

Edited: 20 September 2013, 07:52
7. Re: A Really Good Place To Eat In Bolton Town Centre?

8. Re: A Really Good Place To Eat In Bolton Town Centre?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A Really Good Place To Eat In Bolton Town Centre?

Wow.. you are very lucky to have placement experience with them, and to received all those presents!. They must have been really impressed with your works, that's why they were so generous. I do hope you go to Ash and see what you think :)

I love Ash. My husband and I had breakfast a few times (I wrote reviews about Ash, if you would like to see the photos), we really enjoyed it. We had afternoon tea as well, and a couple of times we had individual cakes. Oh, we bought some products home as well -beers, cakes. I love the Viennese whirls. I ordered a special cake for my husband's 70th birthday. They created a figurine that looked like my husband ha ha .. Loved it!

Like you, I am glad Afternoon Tea has come back into fashion! I would like to try every afternoon tea available in Manchester area lol..

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A Really Good Place To Eat In Bolton Town Centre?

The Ash tea rooms are excellent, maybe a bit pricey but you can't beat the quality of their products. We'll worth trying out

Get answers to your questions about Bolton