We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much for taxi cab ride Luton airport - Milton keynes?

Which Milton Keynes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Italy
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
how much for taxi cab ride Luton airport - Milton keynes?

I might need to use a cab from Luton airport to Milton Keynes.

1) do i need to book it in advance or they are outside the airport?

2) how much approx will it cost?

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: how much for taxi cab ride Luton airport - Milton keynes?

I'm sure there are cabs at the airport. Its 42 km, so I'd guess at leat £50. National Express coaches charge about £8.

London
Level Contributor
37 posts
315 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how much for taxi cab ride Luton airport - Milton keynes?

There are taxis immediately outside the arrivals hall.

Since the taxi will be goingoutside the meter controlled area youwill haveto agree a price with the driver first.

You can email local taxi firms for a quote to take you from Luton Airport to MK -- see the list at the airport website -- london-luton.co.uk/en/…by-taxi.html

MK is a long way from Luton -- you can get the shuttle bus to airport rail station and go by train to MK (about 1 hour) and get taxi to final destination from there. -- train timetable at http://nationalrail.co.uk/

(You'll need to change trains in central Luton, next station on from the airport station.

Italy
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how much for taxi cab ride Luton airport - Milton keynes?

thanks for the reply, we'd do without taxi but the point is that we will land in luton around 23.30, therefore beside nationalexpress couch we would want to cosider another option.

OK, is there someone who knows phone number of taxi companies in MK. I have already searched extensively on the MK website with no success.

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how much for taxi cab ride Luton airport - Milton keynes?

The taxi company we've used for several years now is a private-hire firm where taxis can be booked in advance, Speedline on 0044 (0)1908 260 260.

They have a website www.speedlinetaxi.com so have a look if you want to check them out but I know they advertise an airport collection service and will tell you the cost upfront.

The journey from Luton to MK shouldn't be more than 45 minutes (unless you end up travelling at real peak commuter times) but I guess that when you travel after midnight it will cost a bit more than during the day.

London
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how much for taxi cab ride Luton airport - Milton keynes?

Skyline charge £35 for an airport drop off.

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
809 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how much for taxi cab ride Luton airport - Milton keynes?

speedline taxi will only pick you up of they take you - well thats what they told me in june as we have always used them in the past. skyline are great and charged us £30 for a pick up

7. Re: how much for taxi cab ride Luton airport - Milton keynes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2010, 07:18