We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation for Foo Fighters

York, United Kingdom
1 post
Save Topic
accommodation for Foo Fighters

Can anyone help me, I have bought tickets for Foo Fighters for Hubbys birthday and now find I am struggling to find any accommodation as I do not particularly want to drive back to York on the Saturday night, I had planned to arrive on Friday night and come back Sunday as a birthday treat but my plans are now up the creek unless I can find somewhere

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation for Foo Fighters

Hi!

I have got exactly the same problem!! I got our tickets and I'm struggling in finding accommodation (well, there is some available, but over the £200)...My partner is thinking of driving all the way back to Yorkshire on the Saturday night if we don't find anything. I'm checking now accommodation in Pubs, as some of them have got B&B available. Also we might consider to check on a camping site??? I don't really know...it's like Milton Keynes has beed taken over for Foo Fighters' gigs! Try to look for these on the net. I will let you know if I find anything...Good luck!

East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation for Foo Fighters

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187055-i1488-k4…

There are two other threads in the Bucks forum asking the same question. There are some recommendations from people about places you could try an, at some point, there was also vacancies. have a look a thihs one (above) and the other one which recommends Flitwick Manor, I think.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation for Foo Fighters

I live close to Milton Keynes Bowl. While Milton Keynes is looking like no rooms the following areas are not that far away.

Stony Stratford has a few hotels, and pubs with rooms

Wolverton has a few pubs with rooms

Newport Pagnell has a few Hotels.

Buckingham has a few places as well.

Milton Keynes train station is close by, and depending on what time its over, you can get trains to places like Leighton Buzzard, Northampton and Rugby, all under 30 mins away.

england
Level Contributor
324 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation for Foo Fighters

As a previous poster said, try places on the train line eg Leighton Buzzard, Bletchley, Tring , Berkhamsted, (eg The Penny Farthing in Berkhamsted is still showing rooms available for £90, walking distance from train station, travel time 28minutes from MK)

Milton Keynes...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: accommodation for Foo Fighters

I've just booked a tent pitch for some friends who are going to the Foo Fighters, most places are booked up now. I did find a campsite near Willen Lake about 5 mins from the MK Bowl. Contact City Camping in Milton Keynes www.citycamping.co.uk.

Edited: 06 May 2011, 16:01
6. Re: accommodation for Foo Fighters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 June 2011, 23:05
Reading, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: accommodation for Foo Fighters

I have booked 3 x double @ £60 and 1 x triple @ £78 rooms in Northampton which I cannot now use and cannot get a refund. The hotel is walking distance from the Northampton train station, which takes approx 15 mins to get to the venue and costs around a fiver. The trains are running until around 1am. The rooms are all booked at the Langham Hotel and include breakfast and free parking. If you are interested please contact me ASAP chloe.lemmon@facebook.com

Reading, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: accommodation for Foo Fighters

I have booked 3 x double @ £60 and 1 x triple @ £78 rooms in Northampton which I cannot now use and cannot get a refund. The hotel is walking distance from the Northampton train station, which takes approx 15 mins to get to the venue and costs around a fiver. The trains are running until around 1am. The rooms are all booked at the Langham Hotel and include breakfast and free parking. If you are interested please contact me ASAP chloe.lemmon@facebook.com

Aberdare, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: accommodation for Foo Fighters

Hi Chloe I cant find you on facebook if the rooms are still available can you contact me on emilyemorgan@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: accommodation for Foo Fighters

You may want to google this place and check if tthey have any vacancies left to camp?

Ekeney House,

Wood Farm,

Emberton,

Olney,

Bucks.

MK46 5JH