This advance information is mainly intended to help people who are planning their visits to the UK, and who intend to travel from London to the Harry Potter Studio Tour by train; but will also be useful for local residents and visitors to Watford to know.
Owing to major engineering work at Watford Junction, all main lines will be closed through the station on certain dates, mostly coinciding with holiday periods.
If you are travelling between London and Watford or v.v. on the dates listed below London Midland services will be suspended and you will need to allow more time (up to one hour) to use the stopping London Overground services, which will not be affected. All dates are inclusive.
- Saturday 3rd May 2014 to Monday 5th May 2014 (holiday weekend)
- Saturday 9th August 2014 to Monday 25th August 2014 (school Summer holidays)
- Saturday 27th December and Sunday 28th December 2014
- Saturday 14th February 2015 to Sunday 22nd February 2015 (schools half-term)
- Friday 3rd April 2015 to Monday 6th April 2015 (Easter weekend 2015)