We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Restaurant?

Level Contributor
74 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Restaurant?

Sorry if this has already been asked. We will be staying in the Holiday Inn (Watford J) as I am taking my sister and her son to HP studios as a birthday treat, Is the restaurant OK for dinner? As it is her birthday I want somewhere fairly nice but I note that the hotel is outside the town and we will not have transport so we will probably end up eating at the hotel. It looks like the bar and restaurant are together?? which from my experience never works......loud TVs etc especially when you want to chat. If anyone has had dinner there, could you describe the set up? Many thanks.

Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,579 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Restaurant?

When are you staying there and on what day of the week?. Some friends of mine will be there in about 3 weeks time over a weekend and although they won't have dinner I am sure they can check for you.

Having said that there are a couple of restaurants over the railway bridge along St Albans Road including a well regarded Chinese called KIng Do. There is also a KFC.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Restaurant?

Hi Jane,

The hotel restaurant is ok if not exactly very exciting. You could walk ( about 15 minutes) to Nana's restaurant on St. Albans road. It's a good cheap well known local spot. Or take a quick taxi ride there and back. The hotel will arrange that for you.

Whatever you do enjoy your time.

3. Re: Holiday Inn Restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 06:16