We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding at ferrarris

dorset
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
wedding at ferrarris

My daughter has booked her wedding here for feb 2011 but am a bit worried by some of the negative comments......has anyone stayed here recently and if so what are you impressions?

Lancashire
Level Contributor
666 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding at ferrarris

Not stayed there but have vistied a couple of times.

After reading the latested reviews they confirm that we were right not to book our wedding there

The building and location are fab but the owners are a little rude and the decor is a little tacky.

If what they want you to have suits you it will be great if it doesnt you need to get acorss to them what you want.

We actually choose Farington Lodge and they couldnt have done more for us everything was just right.

Having said that myself friends and family have all been to ferrais and its always been a good night guess its what you make of it.

Another popular location is Mitton Hall

Preston, United...
Destination Expert
for Preston
Level Contributor
421 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding at ferrarris

Hi,

I know several people who have got married there, and have been to a wedding there myself. It is true that the decor is a little dated, although in general the rooms are pretty good. The terrace outside looks lovely in the sunny weather. The food was good, and the staff always on hand when they were needed.

The main thing I would say is that it isn't perfect, has a few ropey edges but all round it isn't a bad place. On the right day the place can look gorgeous.

If she has already booked then my advice would be to be very clear with the staff what she expects, write down exactly what she wants, when she wants it and have the hotel take a copy and have it to hand when discussing the big day.

Hope this helps

Bill

Edited: 27 April 2010, 19:50
3. Re: wedding at ferrarris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Preston