We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Preston to Dublin on 7/22 - cheapest travel method

preston
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Preston to Dublin on 7/22 - cheapest travel method

Can anyone give me advice? I return to US on 7/22 and I need to get to Dublin to catch my United flights, I am trying to find most economical way to get to Dublin either on evening of 7/21 or early am 7/22. I have looked at flights, coach/ferry but not familiar with this form of travel. Can anyone give me any advice as aerlingus cheapest flight is 51 euros not including baggage. I can travel from Blackpool as well. Thank you in advance

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,933 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Preston to Dublin on 7/22 - cheapest travel method

Ulsterbus Express service 981 leaves Blackpool Central Coach station at 0930 on Monday, 21st July, arriving at Belfast Europa Bus centre 1820, would cost £40 for the single fare (adult). From Belfast Europa Bus centre there are hourly buses to Dublin Airport, the single fare being in the region of £14.

Or ...

Ulsterbus cross-channel service 921, leaving Preston at1240, arriving Belfast Europa 2305 - standard adult single fare £48 - then coach to Dublin airport as above.

See: www.translink.co.uk for more information - and note that there is no extra charge for luggage, 2 medium-sized suitcases, plus hand luggage, are free.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,584 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Preston to Dublin on 7/22 - cheapest travel method

With less than a week to go at the height of Summer you are going to struggle to find anything super-cheap.

There is a Eurolines coach leaving Manchester Coach Station at 19.45 on 21st July, arriving in Dublin at 06.30 the following morning. This costs £34 if you book it now but you have to add on the cost of travelling from Preston to Manchester, plus the cost of getting from Dublin City Centre to the airport.

http://www.eurolines.co.uk/

A Sail-Rail ticket from Preston through to Dublin can cost between £32 and £44 depending on which ship you travel on and whether you book ahead or not. Details of Sail-Rail tickets, the different ferries plying the route and how to find times, fares and book tickets are detailed on the 'Man in Seat 61' website's Ireland page. Again you need to factor in the cost of getting from the Ferry to the Airport.

http://www.seat61.com/Ireland.htm

Edited: 16 July 2014, 13:17
3. Re: Preston to Dublin on 7/22 - cheapest travel method

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Preston
Recent Conversations