We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunday lunch

Which Lancaster hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chester
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sunday lunch

am taking my daughter back to lancaster uni, any tips for a good sunday lunch please.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunday lunch

I imagine you have enjoyed your sunday lunch by now! But I thought I would reply to your post in case other people have the same question or you return to Lancaster!

The Bay Horse inn is one of the nicest places to eat but it is just outside lancaster, in Forton, its worth making the journey (its only a short drive) and paying the extra.

http://www.bayhorseinn.com/

You can check out the menu and prices, its not cheap, they use a lot of local produce and have won many awards.

In Lancaster itself, good dining is hard to find.

The Sun Hotel, A bit more upmarket has always been lovely.

Lastly, a student haunt - the Water Witch on the canal does fantastic food at reasonable prices - I think the Sun Hotel and the water witch are the same management.

The John o Gaunt is nice for traditional ales and pie and peas type food.

The best of the chains -Bella Italia is reasonable

Best Chinese: The Golden Dragon

Best Indian: The Sultan or Bombay Balti

HEYSHAM
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sunday lunch

Pickerings Country House Hotel in Garstang is good!!

Big portions- 2 courses £11.95 or 3 Courses £14.95

Brill in Summer casue they hae a big beer garden

3. Re: sunday lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 05:26
Get answers to your questions about Lancaster
Recent Conversations