We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Robin Hood Airport to the nearest major train station?

Which Doncaster hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Robin Hood Airport to the nearest major train station?

Hello All!

I fly in from Warsaw to RHA in a few months (I'm planning ahead here!) - I land at 6am - how do I get to the nearest major train station (either Doncaster or Sheffield?) for a train to Liverpool and my much-needed bed?!

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
295 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Robin Hood Airport to the nearest major train station?

Take the bus to Doncaster station. It leaves every 30 mins, takes just under 30 mins and is £2.70. From Doncaster, take the train to Liverpool, changing at Leeds.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,472 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Robin Hood Airport to the nearest major train station?

robinhoodairport.com/by-bus/by-public-transp…

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,452 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Robin Hood Airport to the nearest major train station?

You do realise that there are direct flights from Warsaw to Liverpool with Wizz Air which, when the train fare is added in, would probably work out cheaper !

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Robin Hood Airport to the nearest major train station?

Thanks for all your messages!

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with that date, I'm in work the next day, and the two weeks before that I'm all over the Baltics and Poland!

Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Robin Hood Airport to the nearest major train station?

check the public transport operator's website and bus timetable for the connection from robin hood airport to the train station ("frenchgate interchange"):

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/south_yorkshire/journey_planning/timetables/index.php?going_to=Doncaster+Frenchgate+Interchange&depart_from=Robin+Hood+Airport&operator=26&page=1&redirect=no

Fewer trips in the late evenings and on Sundays.

If your hotel is not on the bus route and if you're arriving late to DSA, consider taking a cab (or a hotel closer to the bus route). The cab costs 9-15 GBP, depending on the location of your hotel in Doncaster.

Hull
Level Contributor
773 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Robin Hood Airport to the nearest major train station?

Please be aware that hotels do not normally offer room availability until 12 noon at the earliest (mostly 2pm), so you need to specifically arrange that.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Robin Hood Airport to the nearest major train station?

I'm puzzled as to where a hotel in Doncaster fits in to the question - OP is heading to Liverpool and (I assume) his own bed at home.

Maybe his wife won't let him check in early +))

8. Re: Robin Hood Airport to the nearest major train station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2013, 10:19