We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

doncaster airport

Which Doncaster hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
633 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
doncaster airport

Hi all ive gone from manchester for my hols because I like going on bigger planes but im going to algarve from doncaster with thomson airline . Whats doncaster airport like and will it be a 737 ? I no im been nerdy!

Burstwick, Hull
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: doncaster airport

Not sure what size your plane will be ,but Doncaster airport is a super little place.We have flown from there several times and have always enjoyed it ,it`s a fraction of the size of Manchester but still has a reasonable duty free and an all day cafebar. Relax and enjoy!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,876 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: doncaster airport

It's either a 737-300 or 737-800.

Edited: 28 February 2012, 19:33
Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
633 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: doncaster airport

Wa hopeing 757 but never mind and thanks for info!

Leeds England
Level Contributor
131 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: doncaster airport

Can't comment on the plane size but Doncaster Airport is a fantastic small airport - from landing to getting in the car and driving away is usually about 15-20 mins. Lots of parking just outside the terminal building - just make a good note of where you are parked as it can all look the same when you arrive back, though there are markers on the car park floodlights. Inside the terminal is a small selection of shops, duty free and a couple of places to eat.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
633 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: doncaster airport

ok thanks looking forward to algarve and alvor!

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: doncaster airport

Hi

Although Robin Hood is petit and bijou, its runway is very large and can handle any size of plane - it was (and maybe still is) designated as an emergency landing runway for the space shuttle, due to its size!

I live about a 10 minute drive from Robin Hood but sadly have only flown from there once - whenever we want to go somewhere they never seem to use Doncaster! It's very easy to get to, and will become even easier when the road is built from the M18 bypassing the town.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
633 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: doncaster airport

Yea I live in pontefract go from manchester as a rule 1st time from donny.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: doncaster airport

I believe a Russian Antonov 225 was in there last year, the world's largest plane, so if that can land/take off, anything can. The runway's about 9,500 feet long which is still quite short compared to LHR's two.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
633 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: doncaster airport

Yes I live 30 mins away and I was driving home and noticed a large plane in the sky and im sure it was that plane

Level Contributor
113 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: doncaster airport

We live about 15 min away from here. It's a fantastic little airport and we fly to Spain from there most years.