We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get around in Chipping Campden?

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
How to get around in Chipping Campden?

My husband and I are planning a trip to England for this summer and would like to spend a few days in the Cotswolds with Chipping Campden as our base. Here is our concern. We do not feel comfortable driving. Although we plan on doing lots of walking, there are some sights and villages we would like to visit but will need transportation to get to them. For example, we would like to arrange transportation to take us to and from Hidcote Garden on one day and perhaps we might walk to Broadway but would prefer to have arrangements for a ride back to Chipping Campden. Can I hire a taxi or some kind of private driver for these kind of trips? Any recommendations? Thank you so very much!

6 replies to this topic
Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire, London
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
500 reviews
1. Re: How to get around in Chipping Campden?

Here’s s one option with reviews- there are other taxi services - your accommodation may well have details

https:/…

Edited: 15 September 2018, 04:07
Chipping Campden...
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: How to get around in Chipping Campden?

Perfectly possible, there are several private hire companies in the area and so long as arrangements are made in good time - here are a few suggestions:

www.chippingcampdentaxis.co.uk/

http://cotswoldtoursandtravel.com/

http://www.cornerways.info/ - this is a B&B in Chipping Campden, so depending on your accommodation preference, the owner has a private hire/tour company

There is also a bus service, if that was an option it would be possible to walk to Broadway and take the bus back to Chipping Campden (depending on the timetable of course!).

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: How to get around in Chipping Campden?

Thank you so much!

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: How to get around in Chipping Campden?

With this most helpful information, I will continue to make plans to come. Thank you for taking the time to respond in such detail!

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
6,368 posts
58 reviews
5. Re: How to get around in Chipping Campden?

I've done several walking trips where it was necessary to arrange a transfer to the start point, or a pick-up at the end. Although the tour company usually made the basic arrangements (I would call to establish timings), this kind of service is readily available. Not cheap, though, so check bus times as well.

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: How to get around in Chipping Campden?

For local buses see

www.pulhamscoaches.com

www.johnsonscoaches.co.uk

Edited: 15 September 2018, 20:41
Reply to: How to get around in Chipping Campden?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted