We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chipping Campden Parking

Brisbane
Level Contributor
73 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Chipping Campden Parking

I notice that parking is often difficult in Chipping Campden. We are planning a visit for a week at the end of August early September 2014 and will book self contained accommodation. I noticed that a number of the properties do not have private parking and wondered if it will be difficult to find parking within reasonable distance to the property or is it better to just select properties that have private parking. In particular a few of the properties with street parking seem to be located either in the High Street or Lower High Street. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Allan

Oxford UK
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Chipping Campden Parking

<<I was looking at the cottage on Google Maps. There seems to be parking on the other side of the street (with double lines) but no parking on our side (no lines).>>

Be careful! If there are double yellow lines, this means no parking, full stop. If there is a single yellow line, parking is restricted - look at the signage. No lines means no restrictions on parking. White bays or boxes often means pay and display.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
73 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Chipping Campden Parking

Thanks once again. We are looking forward to visiting the Cotswolds. In case anyone with good knowledge of the Cotswolds is looking, what are the things to do that only a local will know???

Chipping Campden...
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Chipping Campden Parking

I live in Chipping Campden. The best place to park if it is school holidays, is the secondary school car park, which they make available to the public, free of charge, out of school hours (each day after 4PM and all weekend). It is opposite the CofE Church, St. Peters, in Cidermill Lane. I often see camper vans in there too. The school has a website with the calendar of its holidays on, so it's easy to figure when you can use it.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
73 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Chipping Campden Parking

Thanks very much. We are away at the moment but when we get home I will look to see how close this is to our accommodation. We are looking forward to visiting in early September.

Allan

15. Re: Chipping Campden Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2015, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Chipping Campden