We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Chipping Campden

Which Chipping Campden hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Trenton, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Chipping Campden

I will be traveling through UK this spring and I am now face with a little logistic problem. I would like to walk one day a section of the Cotswold Way. I have read that the nicest town is Chipping Campden. I am trying to plan to start my walk at this town and terminate at Winchcombe (approx 20 miles away).

I would like to set base camp for a few days in Bath, to visit but also to easily travel by train to Cardiff, Tintern and the Cotswold. The return from Winchcombe to Bath should be easy as there is a direct train line between Cheltenham and Bath. My problem is getting to Chipping Campden early in the morning. The train takes over 2 hrs via Reading and stops only at Moreton-in-Marsh. Then I will need to wait and take a bus for Chipping C.

Is there any quicker way to get to Chipping C? Or should I move my base camp further north (I was thinking Cheltenham) and still have quick train transit to the other locations?

Help will be appreciated.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Chipping Campden

I don't know of any quicker way and Cheltenham won't help much if at all - the first bus (via Moreton) to Chipping Campden arrives at 1012 (M-F)

Are you planning to spend the night in Winchcombe? If not I would think you would be struggling to make the last bus (1800ish) to Cheltenham.

2. Re: Getting to Chipping Campden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 January 2016, 23:01
philadelphia
Level Contributor
164 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Chipping Campden

I am in Chipping Campden now and have been very satisfied with www.chippingcamdentaxis.co.uk. For 20 pounds Jim will pick you up at Moreton in Marsh and bring you to Chipping Campden. I would highly recommend them.

Trenton, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Chipping Campden

Thank you all for the helpful hints. I finally decided to set base in Bath because it gives me more options for daily excursions. In my search, I found a bus line that goes up to Broadway from Cheltenham. Then I could walk to Chipping Campden and back.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,231 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Chipping Campden

Do you want to walk from Broadway to Chipping Campden? It's quite a walk up hill...but if you do, stop at Broadway Tower.....http://broadwaytower.co.uk/

PS if you have the time, Tinten is great

Edited: 06 April 2014, 20:01
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,231 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Chipping Campden

Tintern of course! bla

Trenton, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Chipping Campden

Tintern is in the plan. But a different day.

Tyler, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to Chipping Campden

On May 30, 31, and June 1, my husband, our 16-year-old granddaughter and I will be spending our last three nights in the U. K. at the Noel Arms Hotel in Chipping Campden. We were advised of the Olimpick

Games that will be going on while we are there--exciting and noisy. Any one experienced this? Any advice?

9. Re: Getting to Chipping Campden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2016, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Chipping Campden