We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Seats in Manchester Arena?

3 posts
Best Seats in Manchester Arena?

I am in the middle of booking tickets for a concert next year at the AO Arena. I'm torn between 2 options, either Block 212, Row K, Seat 1, which seems to be to the direct left side of the stage, or Block 215, Row Q, Seat 1, which is further back from the stage but offers maybe a better view of the stage as opposed to being right to the side? Which one of these 2 offers the best viewing point?

Never been to any type of concert before so any advice would be really appreciated!

Thank you.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
29,547 posts
42 reviews
139 helpful votes
1. Re: Best Seats in Manchester Arena?

Welcome to the forums.

I've been to the Arena many times; and have now become very fussy as to where I sit. Unless I was desperate I (personally) would never choose any of the 200 block numbers, you are in the 'gods'. It is huge.

Of those two I would definitely choose block 215 row Q seat 1. (Seat 1 on that side gives you a better angle of view than seat numbers in the 20s).

I'm assuming it's normal end-stage layout, they do have different layouts for different concerts and that can change what it best

If it's only 1 seat I'm after, what I do is wait until about 10 days before a gig and check online daily (for a normal ticket, not a resale option). In the final few days, even same day, check several times. One gets great location single seats suddenly appearing (normal price; not resale ripoffs, not VIP-cost-levels). And one can snap up some fantastic seats eg been in block B (or A or C) just a few rows back from the artists several times - and at normal price.

It's a risky approach but I typically succeed in getting good seats 8 times out of 10. Nowadays I only consider seats in B, A, C, 115, 114, 102, 103.

Edited: 3 years ago
Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
29,547 posts
42 reviews
139 helpful votes
2. Re: Best Seats in Manchester Arena?

Which concert is this ?

I've just re-read your written details and I am puzzled by some of what you have said. Block 215 Q1 is much nearer the stage than Block 212 K1. (The latter is nearly as far away from the normal end-stage as one can be).

I'm wondering if it's a centre stage layout for your chosen event - hence which concert ?

Edited: 3 years ago
3 posts
3. Re: Best Seats in Manchester Arena?

Sorry, my mistake. Yes, 215 K1 being closest to the stage but side on, and 212 Q1 being further back.

The concert is Hans Zimmer Live in March 2022.

I've ended up booking 212 Q1 as others have said I'd get a better overall view from there (even if its just from the screens) rather than the side on view from 215. Was this a bad choice?

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
29,547 posts
42 reviews
139 helpful votes
4. Re: Best Seats in Manchester Arena?

Yes, that's the wrong choice IMO, but what's done is done.

In 212 you will end up watching the screens all the time, especially as seat no 1 is the furthest away seat.

215 is much closer so you would have tended to watch the humans on stage, and seat no 1 being on the edge of the block gives the best angle of view.

Whichever, I'm sure you will enjoy it, as you say you've never been to a concert of that type before.

3 posts
5. Re: Best Seats in Manchester Arena?

I might be able to exchange them on TicketMaster for 215 seeing that they're the same price as what I paid for 212.

If not, then I'm sure it'll still be good either way.

Thanks for your advice :)

6. Re: Best Seats in Manchester Arena?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.