We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lowry centre

uk
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Lowry centre

im going manchester city centre on friday 3 questions.

1we might go the lowry centre -is this a shopping centre or like a museum?

2.is ordsall hall open?

3.i wnt to go granada studios and hopefully see cast of corrie,when is the best time for this?

thanks

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,228 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lowry centre

The Lowry is an Arts centre - www.thelowry.com/aboutthelowry/default.html

However it is set in Salford Quays which does have a shopping centre - www.thequays.org.uk/

There's also the Imperial War Museum North - http://north.iwm.org.uk/

Ordsall Hall is open - salford.gov.uk/leisure/…ordsallhall-visit.htm

Granada Studios isn't open to the public

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lowry centre

"The Lowry" is a stunning modern building that houses 2 theaters and a studio for performing arts and 3 art gallery spaces. One gallery is dedicated to the works of L S Lowry. The other galleries hosts a variety of exhibits with a tendency to modern and contemporary works. I do love the building and certainly recommend a visit there.

Then across the road there's "The Lowry Outlet Mall" where the shops IMHO sell a depressing tacky range of faulty or unfashionable stuff. I'd give that a miss and instead head the Triangle in the city centre for shopping.

uk
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lowry centre

ok how do i get from MANCHESTER - salford then,or is it best just to stay in the centre by the arndale?

i know granda isnt open to the public but iv been outside it before.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lowry centre

Wot cheshirecat said.

You can get a cab (about a tenner) or the tram to SQ from the city centre.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lowry centre

You could get a taxi...or you could get the tram. Get the tram going to Eccles and get off at Harbour Quay.

If you want to see bits of Corontaion Street, go to the Museum of Science and Industry, go up to the top floor (the kid sections) and the views from the windows are directly over the set. That's the closest you'll get.

uk
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lowry centre

yep ok may do.

7. Re: Lowry centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 15:20