We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family eating places near men

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Family eating places near men

Hi will be staying at Premier inn on Weds arriving about 13.30 can anyone suggest a place I can take 2 teens for a late lunch - they love chinese especially buffet style!!

Also anywhere for cheap breakfast.

Many thanks

Rothesay, United...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family eating places near men

Before you start getting the wrong advice; is there a typo in the title of your posting? LOL

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family eating places near men

Whoops!!!! Near the M.E.N. Arena is what I should have put thats what I get for typing it at work rather than at home!!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family eating places near men

Best Chinese buffet in Manchester (IMO) is the Peking Court (44 Princess St, Manchester, M1 6HR

0161-236 5236). Nothing amazming, just decent chinese food, in a buffet setting (a couple I've been to have been awful - all fat and greasy dishes with virtually no meat anywhere (including on the ribs!!!)). The Peking Court does all the usual dishes and soups, including peking duck and pancakes

Yang Sing (my favourite), Red Chilli and New Hong Kong tend to get the best reviews on here.

I also like - Lotus Bar & Dim Sum - something a bit different and closer to where you are staying and the MEN (35A King St, Manchester, M2 6AA

0161-832 9724)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family eating places near men

Best Chinese buffet in Manchester (IMO) is the Peking Court (44 Princess St, Manchester, M1 6HR

0161-236 5236). Nothing amazming, just decent chinese food, in a buffet setting. I've been to a couple of other buffets and they were awful - all fat and greasy dishes with virtually no meat anywhere (including on the ribs!!!)). The Peking Court does all the usual dishes and soups very well, including peking duck and pancakes.

Of 'normal' chinese restaurants:

Yang Sing (my favourite), Red Chilli and New Hong Kong tend to get the best reviews on here.

I also like - Lotus Bar & Dim Sum - something a bit different and closer to where you are staying and the MEN (35A King St, Manchester, M2 6AA

0161-832 9724)

(updated my first reply as it didn't seem very clear when I read the post! TA should really allow you to edit posts!!!!).

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family eating places near men

... and I still managed to leave "amazming" in there!

Rothesay, United...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family eating places near men

And I thought "amazming" was a delicacy from the Ming dynasty!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family eating places near men

Thanks it all sounds amazming lol x not as bad my title family eating places near men.......... some people could think I am well weird!! I agree wish we could edit!

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
632 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family eating places near men

lotus dim sum closed a few months ago!

there's a wagamama at the printworks (v.close to men) plus a load of others like nandos. theres another wagamama on deansgate but about a ten minute walk from the arena.

9. Re: Family eating places near men

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 23:17