We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near to MEN

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Parking near to MEN

Going to see Kaiser Cheifs on Friday 30th November, we were originally due to stay over but we now have to travel home after the concert, so were driving there. Is it going to be easy enough to get a parking space near to MEN and be able to get out OK without having to queue for ever and a day.

Any suggestions on parking please.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking near to MEN

There is an attached NCP car park but you've already raised the biggest issue. It can be an absolute nightmare getting out immediately aftewards. I've heard horror stories of two hours.

There is quite a bit of on-street parking around the arena or 'open-plan' pay-and-display places around the Co-op/New Century House buildings. Probably best to use those. Street parking's free after 6.00 as well.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking near to MEN

If you're coming from Leeds why not get off the M60 at Junction 17. First left when you come off. Through set of lights. Immediate left at lights just after M&S. First right. Prestwich tram stop on your left. 10 minutes into Victoria station which is directly linked to the MEN.

No experience of it, but I reckon getting the Bury tram back up to Prestwich after the concert would be a lot easier than getting out of the city centre by car.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking near to MEN

You have two options park in the city centre and walk to the arena, but that will be expensive. I agree with the previous post, park in Bury and get the tram into Manchester - last train 2 mins before midnight.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking near to MEN

When I go to the MEN Arena I now never park in it's own carpark. Unless you're very lucky, it takes an eternity to get out when everyone tries to leave at the same time at the end of the concert.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,207 posts
1,632 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking near to MEN

I have been to MEN arena several times for concerts.

There are a host of nearby car parks and other private parking places that spring up.

I tend to park nearby and walk it there. Approx 10 min walk. It does mean that you will not be stuck in a jam afterwards.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking near to MEN

Cheers for all your help.

Iv printed off numerous NCP car parks around the arena, so I think I'll try and get into one 10 or more minutes away. Like you said getting in wont be the problem its getting out, but we'll just go for a drink or something to eat after and give the traffic chance to clear up a little, fingers crossed.

Once again many thanks

7. Re: Parking near to MEN

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 15:17