We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palace Theatre How Far?

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Palace Theatre How Far?

I have booked to go to the Palace Theatre, was wondering which Hotel to stay overnight in. I have stayed in the Radisson Edwardian and was wondering if this would be a good choice, or can someone give other recommendations. Many thanks

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,767 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palace Theatre How Far?

Yes, excellent choice if that's ok in your price range. 5 mins stroll from there to Palace Theatre. (For info only - Tony Blair and, I think, Bill Clinton stayed at that hotel a couple of years ago)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuengirola
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palace Theatre How Far?

Hi

Nice hotel only a few mins walk, some nice restaurants nearby, I myself is going to see scrooge there next weekend and like to bob in felicini italian which is over the road, lovely food..

Enjoy Manchester

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palace Theatre How Far?

Hi,

Radisson Edwardian would be a good choice. As already stated, it's about a 5 minute stroll away.

Other good hotels that are close by (slightly closer) are The Midland and the Novotel.

Aurora International would be a good option as well.

Cheers

Pete

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palace Theatre How Far?

Many Thanks. Does anyone know of good bars to go to at night.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palace Theatre How Far?

Depends on what you're after.

Bar at the Aurora - Obsidian (if you choose to stay there (or not)) is very good. http://www.obsidianmanchester.co.uk/bar/

Bar at the Radisson is very nice (expensive - but if you can afford to stay there...... ;)

Cloud 23 seems to be 'the' place at the moment (posey, expensive, hard to get in, but very good drinks and an amazing setting).

hilton.co.uk/property/1201_Restaurant.jsp…

Space isn't too far from the Palace (new Wakefield street) http://www.purespacecafebar.co.uk/

I think there's still a Revolution on Oxford Road (THE Original Revolution I think).

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
635 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palace Theatre How Far?

the best bar on oxford road is odder, which as you come out of the theatre is across the road and to the left. theres also a new bar i haven't been to yet just around the corner called senger. further left is kro2 (but on the same side of the road as the palace).

another top bar,but tiny, is the temple, a former public convenience. this is across the road and just to the right.

apart from those theres a couple of traditional type pubs and a number of other studenty bars.

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palace Theatre How Far?

once again many thanks to you all. Booked the Radisson last night.

8. Re: Palace Theatre How Far?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 22:19