We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation Budget - 3/4 star hotels Manchester Central?

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norway
7 posts
Save Topic
Recommendation Budget - 3/4 star hotels Manchester Central?

Need recommended Budget - 3/4 star hotels in Manchester. Needs to be very central, near market street/Piccadilly Gardens etc... This is for a weekend in April.

Have stayed at Brittania Portland street once and that was awful, dirty and airquality horribel. Also stayed on IBIS portland street which was nice, clean and cheap - but it's full in April!

Needs to be clean, not too pricy, ok standards, and good for a night or to out - Coming from Norway for football and beer!

So any suggestions? :)

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,071 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendation Budget - 3/4 star hotels Manchester Central?

Without knowing what your idea of budget is, you could try Jury's Inn in Great Bridgewater Street or Novotel in Princess Street. I stay in both of these regularly and can get a rate of £80 per night, per room sometimes.

Norway
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendation Budget - 3/4 star hotels Manchester Central?

Hi Thanx!

80£ are in the ballpark of what iam looking for. Actually stayed in Jurys in in London(Fulham) last year and that was great.

Checked out Juys Manchester now and it seems to a little bit uncentral, we really want a hotell nearer Market street or around there....

But i will consider jurys...Any other good suggestions? :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendation Budget - 3/4 star hotels Manchester Central?

Previously I wouldn't have recommended it (in fact I'd have said avoid it), but the old Jarvis Piccadilly (right on Piccadilly Gardens) has been refurbished and re-branded as a Ramada.

The rooms look good on the website:

www.ramadajarvis.co.uk/hotel/overview.asp…

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuengirola
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendation Budget - 3/4 star hotels Manchester Central?

Hi

Try premierinn.co,uk, what dates I will check for you, work for the company.. I will have a look at g mex or portland st...both near to good bars, restaurants etc, I prefer Gmex, there new bar/Restaurant opens 25/02 looks like its going to be a good place if staying over at the hotel..

Other than that the nearest I can think of near piccadilly gardens is the gardens budget cheapish hotel, or sachas which again Im afraid is part of britannia hotel company so I think you will want to avoid them..

Oh the travellodge just of oldham st, near to piccadilly bus station, Cheap and cheerful

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuengirola
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendation Budget - 3/4 star hotels Manchester Central?

Hi Again

Also Premier Inn men arena, so close to everything, near to market st and shops, my fave area is deansgate, as I said before let me know what dates and I will check the system for you..

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
632 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendation Budget - 3/4 star hotels Manchester Central?

wouldn't have thought there was anything wrong with jury's location to be honest. its certainly ideal for the oxford road area (or southern qtr as it seems to be referred to more often these days)and there's a good mixture of pubs,bars and clubs around there. also well placed for deansgate locks (if you like that kinda thing) and castlefield.

northern qtr is best though.

i'd say no hotel in the centre is any more than a twenty minute walk from anywhere else.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,972 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendation Budget - 3/4 star hotels Manchester Central?

I would go with the Premier Inn suggestion. Ok they are pretty basic but the quality of the rooms and the cleanliness seems to be pretty consistent.

Norway
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendation Budget - 3/4 star hotels Manchester Central?

Thanx for all posts everyone! :)

Iam travelling with 3 of my mates, and we were in a hurry to order the room.s

Dates is 12april, 2 nights. We did go for Sachas Brittania in the end. 580£ for 2 rooms 2 nights - we took the suite.

I guess we will be quite happy although many of the alternatives you guys(and girls?) have mentioned probably are cheaper... But hey we are there for a lot of fun and drinking and football so i guess we will use the money anyway.

Been in Manchester twice before, went to printworks Saturday evening. That was okay, a lot of nice people. Any other good places to go in April? Anything special on that weekend?

We typically like to have a few beers and drinks in a bar/pub and the go for the nightclubs/clubbing when the night moves on. When does the clubs bars close in manchester? and do we have to be on guestlists to get into nightclubs?!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendation Budget - 3/4 star hotels Manchester Central?

I'm not aware of anything special on weekend of April 12th (apart from United v arsenal - is that the game you're going to?).

Manchester has about 6 areas for a night out, with the Printworks being one of them. The others are:

The Northern Quarter (Odd, Trof, Bluu, Socio Rehab, The Bayhorse, Cord, Walrus, Dry, Night & Day)

Top end of Deansgate (Label, Living Room, Prohibition)

Castlefield / other end of Deansgate (Deansgate Locks (4/5 bars), Atlas, Knott, Dukes92, Cask)

Peter Street / middle of Deansgate

Canal Street (gay village - might not be what you're after! But not 100% gay - it's quite mixed)

Most bars some pubs are open until 2am on a Friday / Saturday night. Most clubs go on until 3/4/5am. You probably want to be getting to a club at 11pm. You don't have to be on a guest list, just might involve a bit of queuing.

For any major events in Manchester, best to check on the city councils website www.manchester.gov.uk

For bars www.manchesterbars.com

For clubs www.northernights.co.uk (covers the best clubs imo, but not the more mainstream one's)

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
632 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommendation Budget - 3/4 star hotels Manchester Central?

you forgot the oxford road/southern qtr area. plenty of bars and clubs around there including quirky ones such as odder and the temple.