We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Restaurant near Jury's Inn

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Looking for Restaurant near Jury's Inn

Preferably a place that serves English or British food. I can get Indian, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Mexican, etc. food here at home in Connecticut, so with my limited time in the UK I'd like to try things I might not easily find here.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuengirola
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Restaurant near Jury's Inn

Hi

I would go to weatherspoons down the road near portland street, it serves english food and cheap..

There are loads of weatherspoons in city centre here is a link, www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
632 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Restaurant near Jury's Inn

the best places for british food are mr.thomas' and sam's chophouses but they're a good ten/fifteen minute walk from jury's.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Restaurant near Jury's Inn

I agree with bagg10. Some of Wetherspoon's food is just preprepared microwave stuff.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Restaurant near Jury's Inn

How about a good place for fish and chips near the Jury's Inn?

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for Restaurant near Jury's Inn

I can think of one Fish & Chip restaurant in Manchester city centre. There is a Harry Ramsdens in Stretford and Olympus in Bolton, both a bus or train journey away. Sam's Chop House serves Fish & Chips with mushy peas which I would imagine would be good. You need to be careful with fish & chips lots of places will serve them but most are disappointing. Manchester has become very cosmopolitan and it would be easier to recommend a good Chinese or Indian restaurant than an English one.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for Restaurant near Jury's Inn

Sorry that should of read "I can't think"

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for Restaurant near Jury's Inn

I would definitely recommend Sam's as well, lovely English food and beautiful setting. A 15min walk is nothing really and well worth it!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for Restaurant near Jury's Inn

Hi Ellie,

For what I would call real "British" food that has a quality angle you need to go to Sams or Mr Thomas's Chop Houses.

Wetherspoons etc. are ok, but are just freeze and fry places with no food prepared on the premises.

There are also good local international restaurants like the "Restaurant Bar abd Grille" and The Grill on the Ally.

Its your choice, but stay away from the chains (inc Harry Ramsdens)

Have a great visit

Manchester
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for Restaurant near Jury's Inn

Hi sams chop house is lovely also the english lounge on high street does really nice food. Think bolton is a bit far 2go for fish&chips 4u!

manchester
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for Restaurant near Jury's Inn

Agrre with everyone about the two chop house's both are lovely independant places with great wine lists, real ales etc. You also have a number of decent bars around them for before and after. Ask for directions to Corbieres, the first Manchester wine bar in a celler of an old book store. It is only two minutes from both chop houses and worth a visit for the best juke box in the world (although sadly a CD machine as opposed to the original). Don't be intimidated by the alleyway it is down or the fact that it is just a narrow doorway, it will be packed and friendly.