We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one night

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brasil
Destination Expert
for Curitiba, New York City
Level Contributor
934 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
one night

Hello,

I am planning to take my 16-year-old son to visit Old Trafford. We will get the Megabus from Victoria (London) to Chorlton St. We will stay at Ibis Portland St. I'd like to know:

Should we go direct from Chorton St to the stadium, is there a bus, or should we take a taxi?

How far is Chorton St. to the hotel?

Last but not least, is there a bar/pub where I can take my son for some live music, preferably near the hotel?

Thanks a lot

Lancashire
Level Contributor
666 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one night

Short walk to Ibis from Chorlton St

I would take the tram.

You can get the tram just behind Ibis at St Peters square. The tram runs to either Altringham (Old Trafford Cricket Ground or Eccles (Exchange Quay) and its a 5 min walk from either. They are quite frequent and its a case of turn up and go. The return journey may involve a little queueing but never for too long.

http://www.metrolink.co.uk/pdf/route_map.pdf

Pubs with live music? Might struggle with a 16year old. Hopefully another poster can help you help

2. Re: one night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 20:20
Get answers to your questions about Manchester