We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pre-theatre dinner near Palace Theatre

UK
Level Contributor
53 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
pre-theatre dinner near Palace Theatre

Hi everyone

Can anyone recommend any restuarants near the Palace Theatre for a pre-theatre dinner?

Many thanks

Kathy

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pre-theatre dinner near Palace Theatre

Hi Kathy,

You're in the city centre, so any restaurant would probably be OK - just jump in a cab after the meal to the Palace - 10 mins away at the most - cost shouldn't be any more than about £5-8. Or, if you know where you're going and the weather is bad - walk.

China town is handy for the Palace. My favourite is the Yang Sing. Lots of choice there though and everyone has different favourites.

I'd also recommend any of the following:

Chaporaya - Thai - Chapel Walks

Luso - Portuguese influenced - Bridge Steet

The Modern - Urbis

Lounge 10 - romantic - Tib Lane

Evuna - Spanish - Deansgate

Grill on the Alley - steak/seafood - Ridgefield (off John Dalton Street)

The Modern is the furthest away in that list and is about a 10-15 minute walk away.

Hope that helps.

Pete

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pre-theatre dinner near Palace Theatre

edit "weather IS bad..." should read "weather ISN'T bad..." :)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuengirola
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pre-theatre dinner near Palace Theatre

El rincon, my fave not far to walk from, very good cheap authentic tapas and good house red..

manchester england
Level Contributor
158 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pre-theatre dinner near Palace Theatre

there is a cracking italian restaurant right opposite the palace...sorry cant remember the name..but its only 5 seconds walk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
635 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pre-theatre dinner near Palace Theatre

don giovanni's but, it's slightly more than five seconds' walk.

manchester england
Level Contributor
158 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pre-theatre dinner near Palace Theatre

its called felicinis...and it is 5 seconds walk !!

Manchester
Level Contributor
259 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: pre-theatre dinner near Palace Theatre

You're right, it is called Fellicinis and it's nothing if not convinient, but I have to say none of the Oxford Street Italian's around the Palace are much good.

All the recently refurbed trad places are still offering an acceptable but painfully dated version of Anglo-Italian cooking, and Fellicini's isn't, sadly, a patch on it's Didsbury Village heyday.

Personally I'd hike the extra 5 mins and go to Piccolino or Croma any day of the week (Clarence St, the other side of the town hall).

Cheers

Thom

8. Re: pre-theatre dinner near Palace Theatre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 00:16