We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester for 21st - where to go??

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Inverclyde...
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Topic
Manchester for 21st - where to go??

Hi there.

I'm planning to book Manchester for my friends 21st. There will be 6 girls going down from Glasgow. We are going for one night in April, probably a Saturday. Where is best to stay for easy access to the city centre? Where is best to go in terms of bars then a club?

Thanks,

Natx

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
632 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester for 21st - where to go??

all depends what sort of nightlife you're looking for and what your budget is. you can get good weekend rates at many centrally located hotels.

one suggestion may be the city stop apartments. right by the printworks (where stags and hens tend to congregate) and a couple of minutes walk to the much trendier northern quarter. the other main areas for nightlife are portland street, canal street, deansgate, deansgate locks/castlefield and the more studenty/ mixed oxford road.

Inverclyde...
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester for 21st - where to go??

Thank you. I will look into that then. Hopefully get somewhere booked.

Cheers,

Natx

Ireland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester for 21st - where to go??

Hi,

I am going on a stag to Manchester on the last week of April - flying in Saturday late morning, leaving Monday noon.

Do you know of any web-sites that would have a gig-listing for that weekend? Anything from a comedy show to a concert would be great.

I did some research on things to do - but can't find anything very useful. Something like Go-carting, paintball etc for the Sunday to keep us from going to the pub too early? Any ideas?

Also - I was in Manchester before on a Sunday night, and the place was very quiet after 11:00pm. I was around most of the city. Does everywhere close early on Sunday's? If not - where are the parties at?

appreciate any help

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchester for 21st - where to go??

Hi,

www.citylife.co.uk

www.northernights.co.uk

www.manchesterbars.com

Go-carting? There's a place in Trafford Park - Daytona I think (http://www.daytona.co.uk) - 10 mins from city centre. Paintballing would be out of town a bit obviously. There's a 'go ape' in the Peak District I believe - probably an hours drive max - might be worth checking out.

There will be a club or two on the go on Sunday - check Northern Nights site above out for club listings - this tends to be the 'cool' clubs though. City Life will give you a more comprehensive list.

Hope that helps

Pete

5. Re: Manchester for 21st - where to go??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 15:19