We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Wilmslow

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Africa
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Topic
Hotel in Wilmslow

We will be visiting an institution on business in Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire in June. Can you recommend a good, quiet hotel that is not too expensive but is fairly close to Water Lane .

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Wilmslow

Only one in walking distance is the Premier Inn, Racecourse Road. I've not stayed in that premier Inn but they are a reliable budget chain.

Just off the airport there's the Travelodge for decent budget accommodation or the Holiday Inn on Altrincham Road. Both of these are on an easy frequent bus route into Wilmslow.

Apart from that any of the on-airport hotels are a 10-15 minute taxi ride away. Bewleys is consistently good for a mid-prices hotel.

Ask if you want any more info.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Wilmslow

Oh and I should have siad there is a bus from the aiport to Wilmslow too.

South Africa
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Wilmslow

Thanks, and by the way how far is Wilmslow from the centre of Manchester?

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Wilmslow

Hi, Wilmslow's 14 miles from Manchester City Centre and you will find that plenty of trains run between Manchester Piccadilly Station and Wilmslow Station. The train journey takes about 20 minutes and the return fare is £6.60.

Water Lane isn't too far from Wilmslow Station.

Good luck!

South Africa
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Wilmslow

Thanks, perhaps we should stay in the centre of Manchester and take the train out to Wilmslow. Is Water Lane within walking distance of the train station and are the trains fairly frequent?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Wilmslow

Yes and yes. There are about 4 or 5 trains an hour and the walk to Water Lane from the station is easy.

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in Wilmslow

Hi, Manchester City Centre is very compact and it has the full range of hotels, but if you decide to stay in the city centre, I would suggest that you find an hotel close to Piccadilly Station.

Two hotels, both next to the station, are The City Inn, connected to the station via a foot bridge and The Macdonald, Manchester. There are plenty more within walking distance, if you need help, let us know.

South Africa
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in Wilmslow

Thanks, this forum is amazing. I have never gone wrong with it. You simplify my life no end. My friends and colleagues think that I am a wonderful organizer but the accolades go to you.

9. Re: Hotel in Wilmslow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 21:18