We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Parking for £5 or less per day near Picadilly Gardens?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Car Parking for £5 or less per day near Picadilly Gardens?

Hello

I was wondering if anybody knew of any car parking (on a daily basis) that charges £5 or less per day which is within walking distance (say 10 minutes) of Piccadilly Gardens please.

I know on an earlier post car parking at Victoria Station / MEN arena was mentioned but I’m looking for something a little bit nearer to Piccadilly Gardens.

I know Manchester city centre very well so if you happen to know road names that would be great. I’m not looking for some fancy NCP car park where they charge in excess of £10 per day, my main priority is that it is cheap!!

Thank you in advance for any help

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Parking for £5 or less per day near Picadilly Gardens?

Hi,

There are several just off Ancoats (ring road) on the city centre side. Around the now closed Ilva and further down by the railway arches.

Baird Street (off Sheffield Street, which is off Travis Street).

Pigeon Street (off Ducie Street - coming off the ring road on the one way section of Ducie Street).

Reckon both of those are about 10 mins walk from Piccadilly Gardens (maybe slight more).

There's also the new multi-storey behind (the now closed) Ilva - I THINK their prices are surprisingly reasonable.

Hope that helps.

Pete

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Parking for £5 or less per day near Picadilly Gardens?

Hi, The Baird Street car park, as mentioned above, charges £3.50 for all day parking.

You can reach Piccadilly Gardens quite quickly by walking through Piccadilly Station. The station's multistory car park is opposite Baird Street car park, use the stairs, or lift, in the the multistory car park, to gain access to the station.

The Metroshuttle bus terminus is at the front of the station, the numbers 1 and 3 buses will both take you to Piccadilly Gardens, or just walk the short distance.

Good luck!

Manchester
Level Contributor
259 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Parking for £5 or less per day near Picadilly Gardens?

You've got too carparks close by which should be round about that price, Dale St and Port St. I always used to use Port Street and that was definitely a fiver and I can't believe Dale St would be much different.

Both are only a couple of minutes walk from Piccadilly Gardens.

Equally as noted the multi-story opposite Ilva (access it off Tariff Street just off Ducie Street) is astoundingly reasonable. I'm sure it was a fiver or less and that is for a brand new, secure covered carpark as opposed to open waste-ground.

Cheers

Thom

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Parking for £5 or less per day near Picadilly Gardens?

Thank you all very much for your suggested car parks above.

I think I will give the one on Baird Street a try. When I put the address into multimap I got the following map of the area:

www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=baird+street%2C+manchester&countryCode=GB#map=53.47877,-2.22662|17|4&bd=useful_information&loc=GB:53.47809:-2.22664:17|baird%20street,%20manchester|Baird%20Street,%20Manchester,%20Lancashire,%20England,%20M1%202

I was wondering what the options (i.e. which roads lead on to the car park) for driving to the car park?

I would probably find it easiest if I could get to the car park by driving into Piccadilly train station, i.e. driving along Station Approach, then left on to Store Street but I don’t know if this would take me to the car park?

Thank you

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Parking for £5 or less per day near Picadilly Gardens?

Trying again to get the link to the map to work:

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=baird+street%2C+manchester&countryCode=GB#map=53.47877,-2.22662|17|4&bd=useful_information&loc=GB:53.47809:-2.22664:17|baird%20street,%20manchester|Baird%20Street,%20Manchester,%20Lancashire,%20England,%20M1%202

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Parking for £5 or less per day near Picadilly Gardens?

Hi This map might be better. The orange arrow, in the centre, is pointing to the short stay car park at Piccadilly Station. You can see Baird Street car park to the right of the arrow.

The entrance to Baird Street car park is where the letter B is, in the street name.

http://streetmap.co.uk/postcode/M607RT

Zoom on to this photo and you will see the car park at the bottom of the photo. The multistory car park, that gives you access to Piccadilly Station, is the building with bridge leading into the station.

manchester2002-uk.com/aerial-photos/piccadil…

Good luck!

7. Re: Car Parking for £5 or less per day near Picadilly Gardens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 03:20